A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)



Well it is the beginning of a new year and I'm sure everyone has made their resolutions? I actually prefer not to make resolutions, I never stick to them and I feel like if I really want to change then I may as well start the day I make up my mind and not wait till next week or next year. Our New Years Eve was quite and simple -- just the way I like it! :) Yesterday was the first day of my pedometer challenge with Kellie and I must say I didn't start the challenge off with a bang! On Saturday I think I pushed myself too far and went on a hour long walk (got over 8000 steps for the day) and didn't feel too well for the rest of the weekend. I just have to take it easy for a little while, until I feel better and work my way back up to 7500 steps a day!

The hubby and I are still car pooling and will hopefully find out from the bank this week on getting money to buy a new truck! I am hoping that 2007 will be my lucky year and maybe we will be able to build our little nest egg and start a family? My brother and his wife are due any day now to have their baby!! I'm so excited to see it ! I already have a nephew from him and this time it is suppose to be a girl so it will be my first niece! How exciting!

3 comments:

Elaniom said...

First, that pic is a riot!! Next, I'm sorry that you weren't feeling very well. Take it easy, girl!! An hour long walk!!! Try fittin' those steps in throughout the day, not all at once!! Happy New Year's!!!

Barb said...

Love the picture!

I'm thinking about trying to get started on walking. How's that for not being confident? LOL.

What's a good place to get a pedometer?

Annieann77 said...

I got my pedometer as a gift for x-mas and it's ok but I think if I was to buy one I would go to a store like "the Running room" or a gym ? The one I have you can only enter your weight in increments of 10lbs or 4.5kg ?? I would like one more accurate! I was really interested in the USB pedometers, they look really neat but expensive! Go figure!