A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Weigh in Wednesday!

As everyone is determined to become re-committed or are just starting their weight loss journey I find myself thinking that I need to get re-focused! I think that the holidays changed my mentality of weight loss and what it means to me. I find that since the holidays I find it easier to disregard those extra little treats and my thoughts on going out to eat has changed. Since the begining of Jan. we have eatten out 3 times which may not seem like alot but it never used to be like that? And even though I was able to loose -1.4lbs for week 20, I still feel like I could have done better and I think it is time for me to re-focus and re-commit myself to the plan -- 100% or at least 98%?! Next week I will be in Onederland~~ no matter what! I can't even remember the last time I was in the one hundreds, it was probably in high school - 13 years ago! I'm so excited! :)



We are in the middle of a blizzard here, the roads are terrible, the snow just keeps falling (about 15cm now -- that would be about 4 inches for my Yankee readers) and it is freezing out there! I wish I never had to work, that I could stay at home on days like this and not drive. I didn't do too well with my steps yesterday, after we finished grocery shopping and I preped all my veggies I decided not to go for my evening walk. The wind was so bad last night that I would have froze, the weather just wasn't walking weather. It's times like this that I wish I had a treadmil or another form of excersize in the house. So my steps for yesterday were only 3153! :( I think I am going to by a DVD player for the basement and get some yoga/ pilates movies. Any suggestions on good ones?

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

Pasta Queen just posted that she's using Netflix to try out new exercise DVDs. I don't know if you can get Netflix but maybe you can check out other DVDs at your video store or library.

Each week, the Washington Post (www.washingtonpost.com) Health section on Tuesday has a column called The Moving Crew and they are looking for good exercise DVDs. They had a chat and people were writing in exercise online store/DVDs they liked.

Good luck and stay warm! Thanks for your comment yesterday on AFG!