A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Fun Facts

Hopefully this after this weekend I will be able to relax a bit, it has been so stressful lately with all the bank stuff we are going through trying to get another truck! But today is our final bank appointment to sign all the papers and then we get to go shopping! YIPEE ;)


We found out last night that we had bowled so well the past couple weeks that we are now in first place for this quarter! How exciting, although last night we didn't play very well at all, which might hurt our first place rating but we still have 2 more weeks to keep our position! Unfortunately the hubbies grandparents are having their 60th wedding anniversary dinner the same day as the bowling banquet so we may miss out on picking out our prizes! :(


I was doing some research on some fast food joints. I'm curious if what I thought I was eating healthy really was "healthy". I am surprised to find out that a lot of the items I would have picked for meals at fast food places were so high in calories that it would be equal to two meals I eat now! Here are some examples:

~TACO TIME ~

I had a Veggie Burrito (thinking it was "healthy" being veggie and all)


Veggie Burrito

Calories =514.3
Total Fat =16g
Trans Fat =0.14g
Protein= 18.5g
Carbohydrates =74.8g
Cholesterol =28mg
Sodium= 1319mg

When I think it would have been better to have:


Chicken Fajita

Calories =312
Total Fat =8.9g
Trans Fat =0.14g
Protein =20g
Carbohydrates =37g
Cholesterol =40mg
Sodium =853mg


~Dairy Queen~

I would normally order a Vegetable Quesadilla (once again the veggie thing got me)

Vegetable Quesadilla

Calories =600

Fat =31g

Sodium =1100mg

Carbohydrates =59g

Fiber =3g

Protein =21g

When I should have had:

Grilled Chicken Salad ----- or even ----- Grilled Chicken Sandwich ----

Calories =210 --------------- Calories =340

Fat =8g --------------- Fat =12g

Sodium =630mg ---------------- Sodium =870mg

Carbohydrates =8g ---------------- Carbohydrates =35g

Fiber =2g ----------------- Fiber =3g

Protein =25g ----------------- Protein =24g

I feel like everyday I am learning something new about dieting and I guess I never really knew all that much before!? Maybe I'm wrong in my assumptions but I think I have been making some wrong decisions when we are eating out?! I wish all restaurants had the nutrition value of their food posted for anyone to look at. I know next time that if we are planning a eat out day I will definitely check the net for nutritional charts.

**********************

I also just wanted to remind everyone about my guest map and if you have time it would be nice to see where you are from! Please post a pin on my guest map so I can see just how far away you are! ;)

***********************




2 comments:

Jordanna said...

It's interesting how you'd think something would be a really good choice and then you come home later and look it up and realize how wrong you are...Fast food places are tricky tricksters.

Jules said...

I can see your blog fine at home on my Mac now! I don't know why my PC at work freaks out when your blog pops up! Anyhoo, let me know if you'd be interested in buying some of my NS foods. I'll sell em to you at 1/2 price, as long as you paid shipping. They are mostly dinners. If you're interested I'll get a list together of what I have to get rid of and you can choose which ones you want.