A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Fun Facts

Two days cheat free!
Step count for yesterday (sucked) =2934 :( I think I need a new pedometer - mines defective! he he

--- Have you checked out the new blog on my blogroll? She is one of my good friends and it sure would be nice if you welcomed her into the blogging world !! ----

I was thinking I would let you in on a little family secret, not my family but the in-laws. They are a little weird sometimes but I think most in-laws are!? Here's the scoop ..... they believe in the power of Vinegar! Yup, that's right - vinegar is the most important thing to have in your house, it should be right next to the first aid kit! According to my MIL and FIL if you have a fever and you can't break it all you need to do are these few steps:
1.-Remove your socks
2.-Soak socks in vinegar
3.-Ring most of vinegar out of the socks
4.-Replace socks (soaking wet with vinegar) onto your feet
5.-Repeat as necessary
I pray everyday that I never get a fever just for the fear of having to wear vinegar socks! Now they swear by this method of breaking a fever - whether it actually works .....I hope I never have to find out! I looked on the internet for information on vinegar being a first aid treatment and all I could find was this:

***Iron and calcium in plant foods are not highly absorbed by the body. Spinach contains a chemical called oxalic acid, which binds with iron and calcium and reduces the absorption of these minerals. To improve iron absorption, spinach should be eaten with vitamin C-rich foods such as orange juice, tomatoes, or citrus fruit.

So if you plan on eating Spinach you should eat something acidic to help digest the iron and calcium, like maybe put a oil/ vinegar dressing on you salad!?

2 comments:

Elaniom said...

Yeah, I just wanted you to feel good about yourself for a bit before I blasted you out of the water!! I'll update it now!!!

Moby Dick said...

I have heard of Cod Liver Oil, but never Vinegar.