A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday trivia


My Grandma e-mailed me a pic of me and my new niece! So here is your first glimpse of me and Kenzie! It's not the best pic of me or Kenzie but at least you know what we look like now! Oh and that's my brother in the back ground, proud Dad!
My step count yesterday was awesome, I think that by changing where I put my pedometer has made a huge difference. My steps for yesterday were 8599 !
~~DRIED FRUIT~~
**Dried fruits and vegetables like raisins, prunes and sun-dried tomatoes, retain almost all of their nutrients. Since they weigh less, the nutrient content is actually concentrated.
**When drying fruits at home, never use a temperature over 140 degrees F. Higher temperatures dry and harden the outside, trapping moisture on the inside. While in storage, the trapped moisture will spread throughout the whole fruit and will eventually cause mold to form.
My hubbies Grandma has a dehydrator we sometimes borrow and make beef jerky or dry some fruit out, I absolutely love it! It is good for a change and if you do it yourself then there is no added preservatives or sugar!

6 comments:

Jordanna said...

awww what a cutie she is...I love the name Kenzie it's really neat.

Very brave to put up a photo of yourself!! You are looking great, keep it up!!

Annieann77 said...

Thanks J !! :)

Sharon (aka spacetrekkers) said...

Great blog and fantastic tip on the dried fruit :)

Congratulations on your niece, she is totally gorgeous!!!!!

Hugs,
Sharon

CuteBeachGirl said...

Omg, what are you like twelve. I thought you might be older, not that being young is bad thing....I'm just saying I'm old enough to be your momma.

Barb said...

You look fantastic and your new little niece is perfectly precious!

Annieann77 said...

thanks for the nice comments everyone! :)