A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Fun Facts

Lately I have been getting more compliments on my haircut then I have my weight loss, the funny thing about all this is that I haven't gotten my haircut since the end of November!! ?? I think it is because my face is thinner then it was before and people notice this and just assume it is because I must of had my haircut?! By hearing all these comments about my "recent haircut" it makes me wonder if any of these people have actually looked at me before? Do they even know what color eyes I have or approximately how tall I am? As a kid I always sat at the back of the class hoping not to be noticed. When I weighed more I felt that being noticed was really uncomfortable now I am beginning to wonder if I had wasted years of my childhood hoping not to be noticed?! As a child I remember hearing all the adults around me say things like "if I could go back and know what I know now", I have become one of those adults! I find myself thinking this very same thought, how odd that as a kid I never thought I would ever say things that my parents said and now I realize I am more like them as I get older! If only I'd known! he he



Today I would like to share a recipe I found on one of my favorite websites for Un-Fried French Fries ! So quick to make, healthy and yummy (three of my favorite things)!




Prep: 15 min
Ready In: 39 min
Serves: 6

1-1/2 lb. baking potatoes (about 3 medium)

1/4 cup KRAFT CALORIE-WISE Italian Dressing

1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Light Grated Parmesan Cheese




PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Wash potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1/4-inch thick strips; transfer to large bowl. Add dressing and Parmesan cheese; toss well.
ARRANGE potatoes in single layer on large baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spray potatoes with cooking spray.
BAKE 12 min. Turn potatoes over with large spatula. Continue baking 10 to 12 min. or until golden brown and crisp.


Nutritional Info Serving Size = 1/2 cup (125 mL)
Calories =100
Total fat =1 g
Saturated fat =0.5 g
Cholesterol =0 mg
Sodium =230 mg
Carbohydrate =20 g

Dietary fibre =2 g
Sugars =1 g
Protein =4 g
Vitamin A =0 %DV
Vitamin C =15 %DV
Calcium =8 %DV
Iron =8 %DV


Diabetes Food Choices1/2 cup (125 mL) = 1 Carbohydrates

UPDATE: I forgot to post my steps from yesterday! It was 3348 !! LOL

6 comments:

Jordanna said...

OMG those fries sound delicious! I'm making them this weekend for sure.

It's funny how we treat our fatness differently...you were always the shy one on the outskirts praying not to get noticed and I'd go out of my way to be funny and in the limelight to avoid people noticing the fatness...

It's just interesting.

Annieann77 said...

I totally agree, one extreme to the other! I wish I could have played it up like you did and made it look "fun" to be fat! LOL

Elaniom said...

oooh, to be able to have fries again without feeling like a sinner!! Thanks so much!!

I'm a bit more like Jordanna: I will actually make jokes about myself in public. A trait I am working to correct because I think I actually start to believe it sometimes!!!

Barb said...

Yummy yummy recipe!!! And I say WAY too many things my mom and (ugh) grandma used to say!

Unknown said...

Come join me at walkertracker.com to track your steps. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Just wow!, I have watched your progress we started about the same time we have the same to lose and you have done better then me.. Keep it up Girl. I am 10 pounds behind you you are a good motivator for me.