A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday thoughts ...


As some of you already know - I was involved in a youth group as a child. It was called Job's Daughters. It is similar to Rainbow Girls in the States but you need to be related to a Mason in order to be a Job's Daughter. Some of you may not be familiar with what a Mason is or you may have heard bad things about Freemasonry, like -it is considered to be a cult because of their secrecy of the order. When in fact if you have ever met a Mason you would know that they are the most loyal and giving person you have ever met. There is another organization that is linked with Mason's that is much more known for their charity and in order to be one you need to be a Mason first. This is the Shriner's, they are most known for their Shrine Hospital and the Shrine Circus. Now you may be wondering why I am bringing all this up? Well a few days ago my mom informed me that she was reading the obituaries (something you do when you get old-I guess) and she came across one that we know. Last Friday one of the mom's that was a big part of the organizations had past away, she was only 55! Her funeral is being held tomorrow at one of the funeral homes close to where I work so I plan on attending. She had a huge influence on both the girls youth group (IOJD) and the boys youth group (DeMolay) and I'm sure it will be a full house. I would like to give thanks today for all my friends and family that are in my life. It seems like when ever we are faced with a death of friends or relatives it is like a eye opener and we reflect on our lives, I realize just how lucky I am to have healthy friends and family. My thoughts go out to the Keparts - Karen will be missed by everyone who's heart she touched! :(



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good blog today, Leanne (except I'm not old) - very thought provoking. Shows how much you've matured in the last few years. When you thought of Job's Daughters, you really did think about people like Karen. When I read the obit I thought "holy crap, she's only 3 years older than me. Is that what I can look forward to - another 3 years?" Starting today I think I should take better care of this "old" body so I can be a thorn in your side for many more years.

Annieann77 said...

I can hardly wait! ;)

JK -- Love yah! :)

Jordanna said...

Sorry to hear about that Leanne.

Denise Potter said...

She was a great lady! Stong, funny, and a great infulence.

Kim L said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

I'm sorry about the passing of your family friend. It sounds like she had a lot to do with your good character.

Congrats on the awesome weight loss! What an inspiration!