A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

THIS n THAT


Wow - thanks for all the encouraging comments yesterday! I also wanted to tell you about my awesome supper I had last night. I made "healthy" pizza, similar to NS but on my own - here is how it went:


1 Whole wheat pita = 140cals

2Tbsp of pizza sauce = approx. 10cals

loaded with veggies - green pepper/ red pepper/mushrooms/ red onion/ black olives/ hot banana peppers

1/4 cup of Skim Mozza cheese = 80cals


Set oven to broil and bake till cheese is melted and starts to turn brown.

Total calorie intake = about 250 cals


I wish I would have taken a picture of it to post but after I took one bite I couldn't stop, It was Deelish with a capital D !! ;) I will definitely be having more of these! Not only is the pita bigger then the NS pizza crust it tasted better and was easier to pile the veggies on. As suggested by fellow NS member Jordanna that maybe next time I should add a little more protein by adding some chicken or ham to the pizza. Great idea Jordanna - I'll definitely try that next time!
Well the inlaws called from Mexico (again), they are enjoying their trip and said that today they are going on THIS pirate ship dinner cruise! It sounds super fun and I am entirely jealous of them! LOL Next time maybe we can go together cause it sounds like they are having a blast! The hubby talked to them while I was on my walk so when I got home he informed me how his mom was introduced to "maui wowi's" and THAT she had so many of them it led to her getting a tattoo! I almost fainted she is not the type of person to go get a tattoo but then I thought the same thing about my dad and he came back from Mexico with one - so who knows! After I finished my little freak out about how his mom and dad got matching tattoos the hubby told me they were just fake ones - rub on's or something! I nearly had a heart attack! LOL Little jerk scared me !
Jordanna asked me this morning what pedometer I had and as I reached in my pocket to make sure I spelt Omron correct I realized that I had forgotten my pedometer at home!! WTH ?? I thought I learned my lesson last time I forgot that silly thing at home! GRRR I'm kinda mad at myself now but at least it is bowling night so I won't be doing too much walking today (unlike last time).

3 comments:

Jordanna said...

LOL...that's so funny about the tattoo's.

That pizza sounds so good I think I'm gonna go out and get all the stuff to make it tonight!!

Denise Potter said...

i have all the stuff I need to make it. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight!

It sounds super good!

Unknown said...

Add turkey pepperoni to the pizza. :)