A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday weigh in !!



Week 30=185.6lbs
(-2.8lbs)




I was quite surprised that not only did I loose the 1.4lbs I gained last week but also another 1.4lbs on top of that! YAH !! I am back on track, I am paying a little more attention too my non-NS choices and with the little help from some friends I am better understanding nutrition labels. It's not all about calories, you need to understand whats in those calories! This is not as easy as you may think, at least not to me.



Yesterday I tried the turkey pepperoni that was recommended by Jordanna and I have to agree it was very yummy, low cals and high protein - perfect for someone trying to do NS on their own! I read some more of the book she recommended too last night and I am also starting to wonder about this pregnancy thing!? Maybe I should have waited to read the book until I couldn’t back out of it!? Sonya from “Goodbye Belly” was wondering what book I have been talking about so I thought I would post a pic. She has recently had a baby and her blog reminds me of my good friend Denise who has also recently had a baby and is trying to shed that baby weight.

It is a very good book and I often find myself laughing out loud when I read it, you would think that I would find it hard to relate to a lot of her stories because I haven’t experienced labor yet but I often agree with a lot of the things she mentions and I am quite surprised by other topics. I have just finished reading the part on hemorrhoids and I am honestly thinking about getting that shot she is talking about cause I really don’t want to experience my insides coming out?! Which I’m sure is a common situation for most new mom’s but no one ever tells you about that kind of stuff! Hopefully there won’t be too many more unmentioned, uncomfortable surprises talked about in this book or I might change my mind on this baby business stuff! LOL - Just kiddin!

After I finished taking the dog for her walk last night I wanted to try out my new Yoga DVD but something happened to my new DVD player in the basement and it won’t play any disc’s? I guess that’s what you get for being a value conscious shopper and buy the cheapest DVD player out there!? So upstairs I went to use the good DVD player. There are three disc’s - abs, upper body and lower body. Since I just got home from walking I decided to try the upper body one. This DVD is suppose to be “beginner” level, well if this is beginner I would hate to see advanced! It was flippin hard, H-A-R-D!! I had to learn and get into 100 different positions in a split second!? Going from “down dog” to “up dog” and other positions I can’t even remember what they were called. Some of the positions I had to hold for so long that my finger tips and toes went numb! He did the bridge one, you know where you lie on your back, with your knees bent and your hands by your head and push your self up to make a bridge!? I can’t do that! I gave up half way through and just watched, I like my Pilate’s DVD way better - it is easier to follow with simple positions and has different levels in case you feel a little lazy that day! ;) Hopefully the other Yoga disc’s aren’t quite as challenging.

As you know I also took the animals to the vet yesterday, it went fairly well. My dog Roxie (a Rottweiler) weighed in at 94.4lbs, the last time she got weighed (two years ago) it was 103 so she lost almost 10lbs! The vet was very happy about this but said he would like to see her at 85lbs! Now the cat, Kitty, was a different story! She weighed in at 7.4lbs, that is 100% loss from the last time she was weighed! The vet was very concerned by this and after I told him about other conditions she has he thinks she may have kidney failure. He wanted to do blood tests and urine samples to be sure but then I told him how we had already discussed this at home and decided we weren’t spending any more money on her. This is going to be her last summer, he then recommended that we not bother giving her her shots and that it would be a waste of our money. He also asked me if I wanted to leave her there, that day, forever … this was very upsetting for me! I thought that I had prepared myself for the day that I would leave her at the vets but yesterday was not that day and I was not quite ready to say my goodbye’s. I suppose the good thing is that kidney failure is a “silent killer” and is usually accompanied with little or no pain, she will just become weak. The vet also noticed that I had lost weight and suggested that I not loose anymore!? I don’t think he realizes that to be considered “normal” I still need to loose 25 more pounds!? He told me about how his daughter is anorexic and how it is a disease. I don’t think I could ever be anorexic, I like food too much! If anything I would be a binge eater. I can totally understand how dieting could turn into a addiction just like how before I dieted I was addicted to fast food. I can see how you could get into the thought pattern of “just 5 more” or if “I look good now then I’ll look really good after I loose 5 more pounds”. I am not loosing weigh to just look good, I am loosing weight to be healthy! I also know that I have friends and family that would not let me become addicted to dieting, they would let me know if it started getting out of control! Or at least I hope they would!?

5 comments:

Denise Potter said...

okay your vet is weird! Roxsi has to way less then 20 pounds! WTH-I didn't know Rocwhilers (I prob spelt it wrong) should weigh less then 50!
To bad about kitty-I know how you feel-i think Medalian is next. If you want Earl and I to drop her off for you so you can remember her in your house and not at the vets-I would do it for you in a heart beat.
Of course I would call you on scary dieting stuff. I luv you girl!

Denise Potter said...

BTW-hemorids suck-i thought i scared you enoph with some of the stories I already told you-hemorids was going to far for me-next time its no hold bard okay?
lol

Chris H said...

Fantastic loss mate. Sad about kitty. I too love food too much to ever ever become anorexic! You continue what you are doing, cos you are gunna rock at goal!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job!!!!

I have to admit I'm on week 33 and still use a cheat sheet when choosing all my add ins, and for the family dinner I cook at least once a week.

Robyn said...

Well now that both you and Jordanna have mentioned that book -I have to get it! I need to know all that stuff that people don't talk about! hahaha

Sad about your kitty - it totally breaks my heart anytime I have to leave one of my "kids" at the vet. It's terribly hard.

Great job on the weight loss front - you're doing FANTASTIC!