A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Weigh in Wednesday~!


WEEK 31=183.6lbs

(-2lbs)



Another big loss for the week, I'm quite happy about that! I only have to loose another 1.8lbs to get my 70lb bear (Big blue) !! :) I never would have thought that I would have been this devoted to NS (almost 8 months) - I suppose any diet works, it's just a matter of sticking to it, but NS seems so easy and something that I would be able to stick to for life. I also don't think I would have stuck to NS as long as I have if I wasn't seeing those 'big losses'!

I had to go grocery shopping after dinner yesterday for some 'staples' and filled my new crisper's. I love having all those fresh veggies at eye level! I bought a squash last night too, I have never cooked squash but I have tried it at restaurants and I liked it, so I thought I would give it a try at home. I bought the butternut squash (cause it was one of the smaller types of squash) and it has cooking instructions right on the little sticker - cut in half, scoop out seeds, wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for 8 min! Add honey or butter and enjoy ?? Kinda sounds like if you were to microwave a potato but I'm not sure if you are only suppose to eat the guts or do you eat the skin?

It was quite yucky outside yesterday - rainy and snowing, sleet I suppose you call it. My hubby told me that I shouldn't worry about taking the dog out cause we would just get wet and cold but it was my "last chance" work out so after grocery shopping I took her out but this time I ran a block, walked a block - not only did I finish faster but I felt like I actually did something. I think I will try and do that again - twice a week, and eventually work my way up to a quick jog around the block. Although the dog didn't like it very much, she was unable to 'stop and smell the rose's' and pee on every one's lawn!! I hate how she feels the need to relieve herself on every one's front lawn - sometimes I think she just does the motion and nothing comes out, she's all pissed out! Last time my in laws were over my MIL asked if I wanted her treadmill!! Hell yeah! It would have been perfect to have yesterday, I think I would use it - I would still have to take the dog for her walks but I think I would walk to a favorite show when we got home too. Either way it would be nice to have the option of going on the treadmill instead of getting wet outside.

On a side note .... for those of you that understand the lingo.... I thought I might be pg cause I'm still waiting for AF, so this morning I bit the bullet and POAS but I got a BFN - just as I thought it would be, so I guess I just have to wait for AF ?? Not that it would have been bad news but there are still lots of things I want to accomplish before we are pg. We just need to wait a few more months! ;)

6 comments:

Jordanna said...

Congrats on the loss!!!

Sad about the BFN...

It's just waiting for you to get to goal is all hee hee.

Marathon Someday said...

Firstly, yay for the loss!!!!

As for the BFN - did you POAS too soon? Sometimes the BFP doesn't show up for a few days, depending on when you O'd....

Either way - almost 70lbs down is INCREDIBLE! And your body is so ready for this - so it's just a matter of time. Baby dust your way.;-)

Denise Potter said...

lol i got all the lingo exsept BFN?
I have figured out you got a negative on your test. that sucks.
Congrates on the big loss again girl! Your a super star!!!!
I love my treadmil, its nice not to fuss with the dog, worry about other dogs/ppl. Not to mention it will be great when its raining cats and dogs, or this winder when it's clearly to cold.

Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another loss this week. You are so determined.

and BTW I'd better not read on your blog that you got a BFP when you POAS and that you're pg!! I'd better be the 2nd person you told, not the whole world!

Dlladybug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dlladybug said...

Thank you for writing me on my blog! :)

You have been doing wonderfully! Almost at 70 lbs is awesome! And I really look forward to getting there sometime. I'll be in onederland then.

As for the squash, you want to just eat the guts. The skin is too tough to eat. Usually my mom makes it on the stove top. First she peels the squash with a knife, then cuts it in half, scoops the seeds out, cut it all in cubes as you would a potatoe for mashed potatoes, put in a big pot with enough water to cover all the pieces, and set on the stove. Bring the water to a slight boil, cook the squash until tender test by poking the squash with a fork. If the fork goes in easily, it should be ready. Drain water and put squash in a bowl. You can beat the squash with a mixer or hand beat it with a masher. Sprinkle some salt and pepper, add a little bit of brown sugar splenda, and enjoy. :)

The treadmill sounds like an awesome idea! It'll be great for cold, rainy, and humid days outside!