A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday weigh in ....

I knew it was gonna happen someday ..... I was just hoping that maybe I could get away with not being so stricked.... I should have known better! I totally blame it on last night and maybe a few days last week ! The inlaws came home last night so we took them out for dinner, I had a veggie burger and a ceaser salad. I don't quite have the "stop when your full mentality" - I like to finish what's on my plate, every time, no matter what! I think I need to either change this thought process or ask for a "to-go" container before I start eating and split my meal!? I have been awfully lazy for the past week not only with some food choices but I also have not been doing as many walks and not doing pilates as often as before. It finally caught up to me ..... for week 29 .....


I gained +1.4lbs! yikes!
I suppose it is normal to gain at least once during a person's weight loss journey and you can only hope to learn from it and carry on! But it is still upsetting, seeing's how this is my first gain in 29 weeks - I suppose that's a plus (no pun intended -LOL)!? Today is a new day - a new week!! Time to get back to the basics!

On a better note, as I mentioned above ... the inlaws are now home! We had a good visit with them last night, it sounds like they had a really good time and are already talking about going back. Next time they want to take us with them and their "6 grand kids" (non-existing), I think they have high hopes! Maybe they should hope for one grand kid first before raising the bar to 6! gesh! They said the worst tour they went on was probably the "Captain Hook" one - they said it was too "young" for them, loud music, everyone was yelling and the more you yelled the better service you seemed to get. It doesn't really sound like something I would enjoy either!? They went on three tours of the ruins - Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, they handed out coloring books and crayons in Coba which I thought sounded like a nice gift for the kids! Although a lot of them turned around and traded their coloring books for food! They also went to Xel-Ha, a water park in Playa Del Carmen and my FIL went deep sea fishing! Hopefully in four or five years we can go back to Mexico with them! The only bad things that happened were my MIL stubbed her toe on the second day and broke it! Apparently her whole foot was swollen and black and blue for a few days from that! And remember the "tequila boom boom" night and tattoo's I told you about .... well I guess it was like that ink that East Indians use in their ceremonies too draw designs all over their skin and the ink stains the skin leaving a nice design. So anyway it was like that but my MIL found out that she is allergic to the ink stuff they use and ended up getting an infection on her ankle (where the tattoo think was) - it swelled up and got all red. It still looks gross and she is going to go to a doctor now that she is back in Canada! Of course they brought gifts back for us, no - no baby sombrero's, although that would have been super cute - he he! The hubby got a parrot made out of leather which looks really neat! And I got a hand painted ceramic candle holder - it's really pretty!
I thought it would be easier to go for my walks now that it is getting warmer out when in fact it seems to be getting harder to find the time to go. We seem to always have something on the go and I'm sure with summer on it's way it will just get busier. I need to focus on getting that half hour of exercise in and not reach for the darn candy bowl on the table! Especially with Easter on it's way, I love those little eggs! So - here's to a new week with a lesson learned and hopefully next weigh in will have better results! :)



3 comments:

Jordanna said...

Oh look...Leanne is actually human and not a weight loss machine lol jk. Don't worry about it lady, just shake it off and keep going.

I love those damn cadbury mini-eggs those are my easter downfall. One of those tiny packages is 200 cal. though!! Ouch. I'll admit it, I've had 4 bags of them.

Denise Potter said...

Brush it off lady. Your doing great! At least you didn't gain a whole pile, only 1 pound.
You had a lot on you plate this week, not just the food either. Make the time for yourself to get that 30 min or even 20. If I can do it, so can you.
I love choc, easter is the most horrible of all holidays for me!
I love the o'henery eggs! So far, I haven't had one, but I'm afraid its tradition and it's going to happen.

Marathon Someday said...

You are such an inspiration - I can't believe how far you've come! I know how disappointing it is to see a gain when you've been used to seeing consistent losses - but don't be disappointed! Look back to 29 weeks ago - you are incredible!!!!!