A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

10 things .....

10 Places I've Been ...

#1- -- Houston, Texas - It was just a stop over but we had to stay the night and I really wanted to go to "Jack-in-the-box" but we never did! I'll have to go back to try one of their sourdough burgers! :) All I really remember was the humidity - it felt like you were always sweating cause it was so humid!

#2- -- Playa del Carmen - Loved loved loved it here, I would go back in a snap! I wasn't too crazy about the snorkeling (it was hard to get the breathing right while under water?) Lots of stuff to do and we barely did any of it! It is on my must go back list! :)

#3- -- Quebec City, Quebec - I was quite young when went here and all I really remember was going to the nice botanical garden center, it was really pretty. I also remember trying to read all the signs but not understanding them cause they are in French. ;)

#4- -- Kansas City - not where Dorothy is from, the other Kansas City. LOL - We were here for a Jobbie event and my biggest memory of Kansas was that my mom wanted to go shopping with us and was wearing white shorts and black knee highs - the only piece of skin showing was her pale white Canadian knee caps!! I refused and made her go buy white socks before I would go anywhere! :) sorry mom - luv ya!

#5- -- Toronto, Ontario - I was also fairly young when we were here, I remember going to the Flinstone park and seeing Niagara falls.
#6- --Guatemala -- We went here to see the ruins which were quite impressive. I remember stopping at a little restaurant and having our tour guide tell me that if I had to use the washroom I should really try and hold it! I remember seeing beautiful lemon trees - full of lemons and lots of kids running around trying to give us "shoe shines" but everyone was wearing sandals!? Sorry kiddo!
#7- --Cancun, Mexico, I also loved Cancun and wish we would have spent more time there and done more touristy things! It was beautiful, if you like night life you would like Cancun- there were tons of things to do there, we barely scratched the surface! :)
#8- -- Belize City, Belize, I have actually been here twice (one time too many-IMO). It was nice the first time and maybe it was just the company we were with but I found that we ran out of things to do here fast! If you enjoy sitting on the beach and doing a little snorkeling or swimming then this is where you should go. If you like to take full advantage of your trip and see everything the place has to offer then maybe you should consider only spending a week here (cause that's all it will take to see everything) I really enjoyed their ruins and their zoo -!
#9- --London, Ontario, I wish it was the other London but no... still in Canada! While we were here we traveled down to Detroit to see a baseball game. That had to be the highlight of the entire trip - it was amazing! Seeing a ball game in a real stadium with everyone singing that peanut/ cracker jack song! I also remember the highway to get there, never in my life have I ever seen so many lanes on one highway! It was nothing like what we have here - everything was super sized!
#10- -- Nanaimo, BC, And last but not least beautiful British Columbia! I love the mountains and the ocean so to me this place is maybe the best place to visit in Canada! Not too sure if I'd live there - I've heard that it is usually cloudy and rainy but on the nice sunny days this place is awesome! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.