A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wednesday Weigh in!

Week 28=187lbs (-2lbs)

I was actually quite surprised by the 2lb loss! I feel like I barely even tried this past week, less walking and less Pilate's?! I think my metabolism is kicking in - gotta like that! ;) Grocery shopping last night was oober fun! Even though I just received my NS order I still picked up a few things to use as replacement meals. I was looking at getting some oatmeal but they didn't have any low fat ones? All I could find was Quaker 33% less sugar, but the nutritional value of that one seemed worse then just the Quaker regular oatmeal (except a little less sugar of course)? I ended up picking up one made by Nature's Path (the same company of the granola cereal I have been eating), it was only 150cals as opposed to the 200 in Quaker but was close with the rest of the nutritional values except this one has Omega 3 and Flax added. Oh and blueberries too - I think I'll try it tomorrow and let you know how it is. I also picked up some "Veggie dogs" I couldn't find turkey dogs and these veggie dogs are only 90cals and 10g protein each so I am having two for lunch today! The only bad part is that I also couldn't find wheat hot dog buns so I opted for the white ones? I was also looking at buying some rice, NS recommends long grain brown rice - which I have never had before. Usually I have minute rice (white)- so I compared the labels of the brown rice to the white minute rice and I was so confused cause the white minute rice looked way better to me then the brown? Less calories, less carbs, and less fat? I don't know why brown is so much better when according to the label it seemed worse? Maybe it is because it has less chemicals in it to make it white?! Dunno - I didn't buy any rice! I'm so confused when it comes to eating either white or wheat items (bread/rice/etc.) if you compare labels the wheat stuff really doesn't look better I need to get educated on reading labels I think!

My buggy was stocked full of veggies and when I got home I made a marinated salad. I cut up pieces of broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, celery, carrots, red onion, red pepper, and threw in a can of black olives, mushrooms and some mixed beans. Added some low fat Italian dressing and stirred it up! YUM - not only is it a good salad for a change but it lasts quite a while in the fridge. I don't usually put beans, onions or pepper in so we'll see how it is.

I have a few things planned for this weekend, my mom is probably getting a kitten so she needs all the essentials (litter box, scratching post, bowls, food, toys) and we bought our scratching post at Costco for a good price, so I think I will end up taking her to Costco this weekend. I have a list of things I need to pick up as well so either way I need to go there. I also think I am going to break down an go to Old Navy to check out there clothes, I have only ever heard good things about them and I could really use a new pair of jeans now (a pair that fits good would be nice).

Other then that not much else is new .... Happy hump day! ;)

** UPDATE ** Well I finished my lunch and the salad was pretty good, I'm not sure if I'll add beans to it again but other then that it was good. And my veggie dogs were also good, I think I like the NS Turkey dogs beter but these were ok. I think they would be beter if they were BBQ'd instead of nuked! ;) I think I'll try and find a turkey dog at the grocery store next time, but if I can't find them then I'd buy these again.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

2 pounds - yahoooooo! Great job girl...and that salad sounds SO YUMMY

Fatinah said...

2lbs???!!!! YAY!!!! Way to go! MMMMM, I could totally go for a veggie dog...with mustard & onions.......

Anonymous said...

What a great weigh-in...congrats!

The fat free turkey dogs are really hard to find...even though I know where my store keeps them I have to search for them.

I usually just end up having the NS ones anyway, because even if I can have 2 of the store bought ones, I can still only have one bun :(

Denise Potter said...

kickeb butt girl u rock!!

Anonymous said...

Ahem, it is I your know it all mother -- you are supposed to eat the brown rice and "whole" wheat bread products because of the fiber - better for you and keeps you full longer.

Congrats on the weight loss and yes, I will need help shopping for all that "kitty" stuff.

Marathon Someday said...

Awesome work on the loss!!!!! Woo hoo!

And your salad sounds amazing.

Brown rice definitely does keep you fuller for longer. I don't eat anything BUT nowadays.

Keep up the great work!