A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend review ...

Hopefully everyone had a great weekend, I had to work Sat so it made for a short weekend but was still good. The funeral on Friday was actually really nice, the service was fairly short and they had a really good slide show. The place was quite full as I had expected and I did see a lot of old friends that I hadn't seen for a few years. It was nice to catch up with everyone and find out where they were in their lives. Most were married and had kids but I at least I wasn't the only one there that doesn't have kids yet! We ended up staying at the funeral home till 4:30! I was surprised at how fast the time flew by, then me and Denise went for coffee. Other then that my weekend was pretty un-eventful! Denise and her hubby came over on Sunday with their little guy (aka-bruiser) LOL ! He is almost walking now and always on the go, I got tired just watching him ! I found out super fast that my house was not baby-tised, I put the candy bowl up and cleared off the coffee table for him not thinking that he would also make his way to the stereo stand and tv to find the remotes, and find his way into the kitchen to discover other things I have laying around!


I have been trying to pick up another new but good habit (other then healthy eating), I have been trying to get into the habit of flossing my teeth! I have heard from friends with kids and even my dentist has told me that when you do get pregnant it takes toll on your teeth. So this will be one more preparation for me in order to have a happy healthy pregnancy!


Tomorrow is grocery shopping day, I'm so excited!! I am thinking about trying one of my low G.I. recipes next weekend so I might pick up the ingredients for that. I'm debating between the Chocolate Zucchini muffins or the Broc. Cauliflower salad (it's a warm salad) ? I also think that it is going to be one of our longer grocery shopping expeditions! I need to find more low GI friendly supper ideas?! Breakfast and lunch seem so easy but it is my suppers that I am having a problem with?! I think one thing that will help me out is if I make large batches of supper meals and freeze them in individual containers, like vegetarian chili or stew. I just need to figure out how to calculate the nutrition value of recipes!? Thank goodness for the internet! ;)

3 comments:

Jordanna said...

I'm kinda happy you're doing all the work in finding the substitutes for NS and then I just get to copy! Thanks...you're the best!

Marathon Someday said...

Luckily, my dental situation didn't change when I was pregnant! I will say that having healthy habits while being pg is extremely helpful. I was very healthy and active before and during my pg, and I had an awesome pregnancy and labour.

Denise Potter said...

Keep up the good work lady. Find all the good stuff for danna and I.