A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend review ....


So another weekend has come and gone, this weekend went by a little fast (only because I had to work Sat.) but it seemed fairly productive. After work on Sat I spent most of my day cleaning the house while the hubby was working in the garage. And on Sun I rearranged our bedroom and waited for my girlfriend Denise and her family to come over for a visit. Her little boy is getting big while she is shrinking! We went for a walk and I got to try out her new stroller - I like it, it seemed so easy to push - I think it is the kind of stroller that I will end up getting. I worked a bit on my recipe book and after supper I took the dog for her walk. She was filthy when we got home so we decided to give her a bath, it wasn't so bad this time cause we put the extension on the shower head so it was easy to rinse her off. I can't believe the amount of snow mold on every one's lawn - it looks like their grass is growing fur! One good rain storm and that should get cleaned up.

Tonight is the big sale at the local appliance store, they are selling all the stuff that didn't sell at the home show, so we are going to check that out before buying the Samsung fridge. But if we don't see anything at the sale then we are headed straight to Future Shop to buy the Samsung! I'm so excited about getting a new fridge, I've always wanted a bottom freezer fridge!

So as everyone probably knows, Easter is almost here! I find that as our family gets bigger the harder it is to see everyone over the holidays. It's like a biding war - the first call gets the prize of having us for dinner. Like last night, my hubbies Grandma called and asked what our Easter plans were and as of that moment we didn't have any. So she invited us over for dinner on Easter Sunday - which is kinda weird cause she never does Easter dinner, but since no one else asked yet we said yes. Then 2 hours later my Dad called and invited us to my brothers house for Easter dinner on Sunday!! :( But we had already said yes to the hubbies Grandma so now either my brother has to change his whole Easter dinner plans to accommodate us or we don't get to see him and his family! I'm still waiting for his reply on if they are changing the day for me or not. And I'm sure my mom wanted to do something with us for Easter too but we are almost booked up now. I think as soon as we have a family it will be worse, everyone will want us to come over for dinner to see the baby. I don't know how any of you that already have a family of your own do it, and still manage to see all the rest of the family on holidays (especially if you have a big family)!?

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

well girl, I'm lucky in that Earls family is it! I don't have any other family to worry about, not even my dad. I say, do what your doing. Try to spend alittle time with each family while you can, when a baby comes it gets harder and harder until they are old enoph to sit at the table eat, then go and play with the cousens.
In the future go where ever you are most comfortable with your new family-don't offer to host dinner!!! You'll be doing enoph cooking, cleaning etc. You'll figure it out. luv ya!

Anonymous said...

I could invite you guys for Good Friday but we'd need the table back. Plus G would be here too!