A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday fun !


Well this Friday isn't so much fun, not only do I have to attend a funeral today, blogger also ate my post! Grrr I hate when that happens .... it was such a good post too! ;) And I have to work tomorrow so it really isn't a Friday at all!
You Will Be a Cool Parent
You seem to naturally know a lot about parenting, and you know what kids need.You can tell when it's time to let kids off the hook, and when it's time to lay down the law.While your parenting is modern and hip, it's not over the top.You know that there's nothing cool about a parent who acts like a teenager... or a drill sergeant!
Would You Be a Cool Parent?
Hopefully this is true, I sure would like to be a "cool" parent! ;)
So I have another NS order on it's way and hopefully my 60lb bear is in there too! I delayed my next order for a month and I probably could have delayed this order a little longer too but I like my security blanket! I'm still a little weary of taking off those training wheels! It's mostly the suppers that worry me, like last night I had supper on my own and as I looked at my plate I couldn't help but think it was too much food!? I had grilled some boneless skinless chicken breasts and had one about the size of a deck of cards. I also made noodles and mashed some sweet potatoes, oh and a spinach salad. Now I am wondering if maybe I had too much starchy food? Is sweet potato a veggie or carb? Speaking of sweet potatoes... they were disgusting! It's funny cause before NS our family would have sweet potatoes once a year and only once a year (at Christmas). I would take a small tablespoon and choke them done just for tradition sake. But after I signed up with NS and tried their sweet potatoes I found that I actually liked them! I thought that maybe because I am older now that my tastes have changed and I had grown to like them. So I thought I would give them a try on my own .... big mistake! They were horrible - I don't think I will be eating them again, unless they are NS. On a better note, the last time I was at the grocery store tangerines were on sale so I bought one and thought I would give it a try! Well I tried it yesterday, my very first tangerine ever! Besides it having a more reddy skin and being cheaper then a orange ... it tasted just like one?! It was good, really juicy and sweet!
Any who-- I hope everyone has a good weekend! ;)

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Have you ever tried sweet potato fries? (baked of course) - they're yummy!

You are doing so awesome with your weight loss...it's very inspiring!

Annieann77 said...

I have seen a recipe for them before but have never tried them. Last night I was trying to remember how to make them - but unfortunately I couldn't ?! :(

Maybe I'll give them one more try in the fry format.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new arrival! I'm only half as far as you, but I love my little bear lineup.

Marathon Someday said...

Hey - thanks for stopping by my blog! You are doing amazing on your weight loss journey! What an inspiration!:-)

Sweet potato fries are awesome, and healthy. I chop them up (with skin), toss them in olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and then spread them out on a baking sheet. Bake for 30mins (flipping in between) at around 375. If you like a bit o' flavour, add some corriander powder, cumin powder, and chili powder. Yum!

Happy to have found a fellow Canuck's blog!:-)

Peeling off the layers...back to "me"... said...

Just stopping in to say hi !!
Have a great week :o)