A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, March 30, 2007

First week of playoffs!

Last night was our first week of playoffs and guess how good we did!? We are 2nd! ..... 2nd last !! :( BOO Everyone had horrible games we only got over 1000 once (the last game), the second game we only got 839!! For those of you that don't know - that's crap !! The good news is that we still have next week to try and do better and maybe gain some pins! I suppose it doesn't really matter too much on what position we finish in for the playoffs cause we won Grand Aggregate and get to pick our prizes first but it would still be nice to pick our second batch of prizes before some other teams. I also found out the other night that my hubby won't be able to attend the bowling banquet with me cause we paid money to have a table at one of the car shows here so he needs to be there and work his booth! It's all good though, I don't mind - it just means that have to pick his prizes and I also have to pick my FIL prizes. I'll need one of those luggage carts just to get all our prizes to the car! ;) I'm so glad bowling season is over, it's starting to get nice out now and going bowling is the last thing I feel like doing when it's nice out!





We are having a BBQ today at work, one of our drivers is leaving to do the highway run (still with us but just not at our store) - of course he was the best driver we had. Hopefully things will run smooth without him here! So I'm going to have my first BBQ hamburger of the season!! I can smell them cooking back there as I type this and can hardly wait to bite down on one! YUM


So my mom was wondering ..... I keep talking about how my hubby is working in the garage, so she was wondering WTH is he doing out there? And since he is the handy kind of guy that he is, he could be working on just about anything. Well his big project lately has been his car, for those of you that don't know, my hubby likes to drag race. I've personally never even been to a race track before I met him and I never really had the urge to go fast. I am definitely not a speed junkie like he is. So this is our race car: (sorry for the tiny pic- it's the only one I could find on the computer) It is a 1977 Chevy Nova with a 400cu engine and it's fastest run was 11.92 (105mph) in the 1/4 mile -- (I think got that right? - if not I'll find out tonight) ;)


So being the speed junkie that he is, of course he wanted it to go a little faster - like a few seconds faster!! Which doesn't sound like much but when you are already doing 105mph @ 11.92 seconds in a 1/4 mile .... a few more seconds could be insane! This is what he is doing to his car now:





He has cut out just about all the tin on the car (mostly to lighten it up - I think?) He had a pretty good 'cage' in it already but for us it is always a safety thing (you can never be safe enough) so he is putting in a better cage one that could withstand anything! This car will be 100% different then what it looked like last year. It will not only have better parts in it but it will go faster and will be safer. This is a project that will take us a few years to get complete (if ever). There will always be something better or something might break (God forbid) and we will have to upgrade. I think the goal for now is 2 1/2 years for it to be back at the race track! So for now we will just be working at the track during the summer months and hopefully be back to race in a few years!

Here is your fun for the day!! This totally describes me to a T !! Once again Blogspot amazes me! ; ) Check it out and see if it gets you right too!?


You Are a Realist

You don't see the glass as half empty or half full. You see what's exactly in the glass.

You never try to make a bad situation seem better than it is...But you also never sabotage any good things you have going on.

You are brutally honest in your assessments of situations - and this always seems to help you cope.

Are You An Optimist or Pessimist?

No comments: