A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend update...

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend, mine was busy and full of excitement!! After work on Friday I was surprised to see that my new kitchen sink tap was installed!! We bought a new tap when we moved into the house almost a year and a half ago - so it was nice to see it was finally installed !! :) I broke down and went shopping for new jeans Friday night, I decided to check out Old Navy. Highly recommended by almost everyone I know but unfortunately I didn't find anything there that fit right or that I liked!? I ended up going next door to them and finding two pairs of jeans that were on sale, I was surprised to find out that I fit into a 34W 32L (they are a little long)!! It has been a long time since I fit into a 34W!! That's only one size bigger then my hubby! Other then that Friday was a pretty typical day, after dinner I walked the dog and watched The Next Great Chef, this Friday is the finale and Alberta is in -- I hope we win!!

Saturday I went over to my mom's in the morning to give her some computer disc's and have a visit. We were suppose to go shopping for kitty stuff but she is still unsure about getting one so needless to say we never went shopping. After our visit I headed to Costco to pick up a few things and lucky for me everything I wanted was on sale! They have pretty good kitty liter there and it was $3 off so I bought two boxes for the same price as one! And their Splenda was also on sale $3 off!! I picked up some WW cereal (Honey almond) and was going to try it this morning but I slept in a bit and had to grab something to go instead. After dinner and walking the dog we got a phone call from my SIL to let us know that my 9 week old niece was admitted into the Stollery Hospital!! WTF ?? Apparently she has something they called RSV - which I understand is just like a common cold to an adult but to a child that doesn't have a immune system yet can be quite serious! I went to go visit them Sat night at the hospital which thankfully Edmonton has the second best child care hospital in Canada! So she is in good care, I was very over whelmed by all the sick babies - it was very upsetting! :( When I got to her room my brother was holding her trying to comfort her, she was as pale as a ghost and there were tubes and cords all over her. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. :( I guess it all started last Tuesday, Kenzie started getting a fever and had the runs so they took her to the doctors on Wed. By Friday they had to take her to the emerg cause she was pale and her lips were blue. They did blood tests and found out she had RSV and sent her to the U of A.

Sunday I re-arranged our spare bedroom and cleaned up a bit more. The whole time change thing had me feeling "off" for the day. My mom called after lunch and said she was headed to the hospital so I got dressed and met her there. Kenzie looked 100% better then from the day before except for she now has a feeding tube. But she was much more aware of her surroundings and almost even smiled a few times. Hopefully she will be able to go home by Wed this week! She has quite a bad cough and even gave herself a hernia from coughing so much! Her "inny" is now an "outy" but should go back to normal?! Part of me wonders if this may have been brought on by things that could have been preventable? Like the hot tub incident and the mashed potatoes!? I wonder if maybe her mom thought she was prepared for anything just because she is a nurse? Or instead of being one of those mom's that is worried about every little thing she was more laid back but maybe too laid back?

I also think my cat is sick now too, it's like it's TOM for her but she has been spayed so I'm not sure what that is all about? We have a vet appointment next week so I guess we will ask him about it then? I think it may be "time" for her now!? :(

Well hopefully tomorrow is better! It can't get much worse so ..... here's too tomorrow!



4 comments:

Denise Potter said...

OMG what a roller coaster ride of a weekend! I hope Kenzie is going to be okay. I dont' know what went wrong, nature is a funny thing. Hopefully your SIL takes this as a sign to be a little more causious with her choices. Its her choices that matter most, since Kenzie can't make them for herself.
Hope all goes well with kitty too. I think Medalion might be ont he same path.

Marathon Someday said...

Wow - RSV is sooo scary. Seeing as the I'm the mom of an almost-12 week old, I'm really paranoid about that happening. What was the hot tub incident / mashed potatoes?

Congrats on the new pair of jeans!!!! That's wonderful, about the size.

Annieann77 said...

Sorry for my newer readers that didn't hear about "hot tub" and "potatoe" incident - im not sure how to link to a previous post but here is what happened:

#1 - When Kenzie was 4 weeks old we went out for dinner and my SIL gave her a taste of mashed potatoes which normally I wouldn't think was a huge deal but these were soaked in butter and salt ...etc I thought it was a little weird ?

#2-When Kenzie was about 6 weeks old we went to the water park which is good for babies but my SIL brought her into the hot tub and had her doing the back stroke for about an hour! I thought the water was a little too hot for Kenzie and that she shouldn't have been in it! ?

Marathon Someday said...

Oh, wow - your SIL is quite brave! My hubby and I are paranoid if the water in her bath is too warm, let alone putting her in a hot tub! And as for mashed potatoes - don't know what to say...that is a bit weird.

Mommyhood is awesome! You'll love it when you get there!:-)