A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tidbits

I took Jordanna's advice yesterday and stopped at Costco on my way home from work. I picked up the book she recommended on her blog, turkey pepperoni she also recommended and I saw a 3 pack yoga video that I decided to get as well (I'm starting to get a little bored of my Pilate's one). I wanted to start reading the book as soon as I got home from taking the dog for a quick walk but as soon as I got home from Costco my hubby informed me that he received 2 cheques from the good ole government, they had made a mistake and we over paid them - so they were returning the money to us! YEAH - gotta like when that happens! ;) So he said "let's go shopping" - gotta like that too! So off we went looking for a new fridge, I really want a bottom freezer fridge and have seen some good deals before at Future Shop, so we made this our first stop. We bought our dishwasher from them and so far it is good, I like it. We found a 18.8cu stainless steel bottom freezer fridge that was a very good price but it was made by Samsung and I kinda wanted all our appliances to match (the dishwasher is GE). I also have never bought any Samsung before and am not sure about their quality? I always thought they made stereos and electronics? I wanted to see what one of their stoves looked like cause I figured it was ok if the dishwasher was different but it would be nice if the stove and fridge matched. Unfortunately Future Shop didn't have any Samsung stoves so now I'm wondering if they even make a stove? I now need to decide how important it is to me that my appliances match?! I think I'm more of a value conscious person then a appearance person so I'm almost certain that we will get this Samsung fridge and worry about the stove later - if it matches then that's a plus but I don't think I'm too worried about it (as long as it's stainless steel). Here is a pic:
Some things I like about this fridge that we didn't find on any other fridge is.....
-- the freezer door swings open as opposed to sliding out and has individual draws instead of those little wire bins.
-- there is a child lock for the freezer door (so toddlers don't figure out how to open the freezer)
--of course the price was good ($899)
--and it has lots of shelf and storage space.
Of course we forgot to measure the space where the fridge goes in the kitchen so we didn't buy it yet, in case it doesn't fit. We also stopped at Leons too see what they have, I was surprised to see they don't really have too much in the bottom freezer department but I did notice they had a little upright freezer that we also want for the basement - so I hinted to the hubby that this would be a good 30th b-day present! ;) They also had some good deals on stoves so when it does come time to get a stove I think we will end up at Leons for that.
When we got home I started reading the book and found that it was quite humorous but also thought it was a little odd of me to be reading a "what to expect when you are expecting" type book when I'm not even expecting yet! ? My hubby saw it and asked -"why are you reading a pregnancy book???" thinking that maybe I haven't told him something!? he he But then I explained how Jordanna said it was a good book and that it was funny! So he kinda raised his eye brow, shook his head and walked away! LOL
I have to take the pet's to the vet's today so I get to leave work early !! YEAH!! I think it is good timing for the vet appointment cause of the big food recall I can talk to him about that a bit and he can check them out really good. Kitty needs her nails trimmed really bad but absolutely goes bonkers when you try to clip them, it's like you are taking away her only defence mechanism. They usually ask me to leave the room when they trim her nails, probably cause they have to man handle her so bad that they don't want me to think they are hurting my cat. Last time I tried to help hold her down she bit me, little b*tch! I even bled a bit, so it doesn't bother me to leave the room!
Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm hoping that I lost the weight I gained last week plus a little extra !! But I'm not holding my breath, I'll take anything as long as it's less then what I am now! ;)

4 comments:

Jordanna said...

I love new appliances!! I was so excited to hook our new appliances up after using the old crappy apartment type ones for so long.

I finished that book already. Full of info, but humourous! Kinda scared of giving birth lol.

Chris H said...

W just bought a new fridge/freezer recently, it is so neat! WE got a side by side.... good luck getting the right one for you, and good luck for weigh in!

Marathon Someday said...

Yay for tax refunds! And bottom freezers are awesome. I don't have one, but I want one.

What was the book?

Elaniom said...

...hey there, just popping in to see how you are doing...and GREAT is certainly an understatement!!