A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, April 02, 2007

Another week begins ... again!


So another week begins, I'm a little grouchy today, I stayed up late to watch Amazing Race and when I finally got to bed I couldn't fall asleep! I just tossed and turned for at least a half hour! It was a good episode last night though and worth staying up for, I was surprised that the teams are so far apart from each other! ? I like seeing all the places they go to even if it is for just a quick visit, it gives me some ideas of places I might be interested in seeing someday!?
We woke up this morning to snow!! Just when I thought it was over ..... it has to hit us again! I can see out our front window at work as I stand here and type this and I'm watching as the trucks go sliding by, looks pretty slippery out ?! Or they are just idiot drivers!
The weekend was good, very lazy .... we didn't do much at all! Saturday I made a trip to Costco and boy were they ever busy!! I found a couple really cute books I'm going to give my niece's and nephew for Easter. I also picked up a new stainless steel microwave so now all that's left is getting a new stove!! We had a surprise visitor on Sunday, Denise and her family were in the neighborhood so they stopped in for a quick visit. Denise informed me that I had some tulips that were sprouting!! How exciting!! So after I took the dog for her walk I checked it out and I counted 17 tulips that were just starting to come up! I can't wait to see what color they are! Hopefully it is nice next weekend and I can find the time go out and clean up some of my dead plants from last year!
Looks like April is going to be super busy month with Easter next weekend, Denise's boy's first birthday, our bowling banquet and hubbies grandparents anniversary party! I also have a dentist appointment tomorrow and Jordanna is having her wedding anniversary (3rd I think?) !! Well we finally have all our plans in order for Easter. I guess my Dad wanted to order a turkey meal from this store in St.Albert that makes everything for you and he was going to bring that over to my brothers house. But since the hubby and me can't make it to their house on Sunday for dinner they changed their dinner plans to Friday (so we can attend) but the store that offers the turkey meal thing is closed Friday so it is up to us now to do a pot luck and have my SIL make a turkey and dressing. I can't wait to see my niece and nephew, I wish we lived closer to them! I will be bringing my 'Cabbage Salad', it makes lots and is usually pretty popular (and I can make it low-fat without anyone knowing it is). I'll have to post a recipe of it.
Oh, I also got my treadmill on Saturday too!! I haven't tried it yet, the hubby needs to hook up the satellite box thing to the TV in the basement so I can watch my favorite shows as I walk. I'm excited to see if I will like it and I'm hoping that it's not too noisy or loud!? Seeing's how it's been around the block a few times it may be louder then a new one, but I think I will like it?! Hopefully he remembers to bring all the supplies home tonight to set it up! ;)

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

i didn't know you got a treadmill!
Now all 3 of us have one, and we can do some treadmill challenges to mix things up a bit!

luv you!

Jordanna said...

It's my second wedding anniversary this month! Thanks for remembering :)

I went to Costco on Sunday - INSANE there. I had to get more Turkey Pepperoni - addicted!