A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

~~Wednesday weigh in~~



I feel like crap today, I feel like a wind-up toy that has been wound too tight! I'm trying to fight off a cold that I think I caught from my hubby, so far it's just a mild sore throat but I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into a full blown cold (like he has). So I loaded up with drugs last night to try and fight this bug but I think I'm the only person in the world that can't sleep after taking cold medication! I was so tired but all I did was toss and turn all night! The last time I looked at the clock it was 2:00AM !! I'm beat today, when I don't get enough sleep I tend to get grouchy and it doesn't take much to set me off! So look out! ;)

It doesn't help that my weigh in today was not the best, not the worst either but I'm still a little upset by the efforts I have been putting into this weight loss thing. Last night was grocery shopping day so we decided to grab a bite to eat on our way, we went to Dairy Queen, all I really wanted was a ice cream to make my throat feel better but instead I went for the vegetarian quesadilla. I'm sure it's one of their better choices but it had way too much cheese and I could feel it hit my stomach, I should have just stuck with the Chicken Caesar salad. I really need to concentrate more on my portions and stopping when I feel full! I've always been a plate cleaner - not finished till my plate is clean! Even if I feel like I'm going to burst and there is only 2 more bites, I'll consider it a test and force them in! I must stop when I start to feel full!! I feel that I have seen a huge physical change in me but I still need to work on my mental state, if I can't correct my "fat" mentality it won't take long and I will be right where I was 8 months ago! I need to focus more on my lifestyle - get those 30 minutes of exercise in (even if I'm feeling a little sick) and either take smaller portions or I need stop feeling guilty about throwing food away and just not eat it! So since it was grocery shopping night I never got my walk in either - I knew I wasn't going to be seeing any loss this week and I was right!

Week 32 =183.8lbs

(+0.2lbs)

I suppose it could have been way worse and 0.2lbs shouldn't really count - it was probably cause my hair was still wet! ;)

I can hardly wait for this weekend to get here, even though it is going to be filled with lots of "diet" challenges. We have a family dinner on Friday and another one on Sunday!! It will be a test of my will power and hopefully I'll pass - I guess the next weigh in will be my score!? :) I can honestly say that loosing weight was way easier when I had more of it too loose (which makes sense) and I am glad that I was a little stricked on my diet at the beginning cause I'm sure that if I was slack about it then I still would be now and it would be twice as hard to drop this weight!

On the plus side, as some of you know I had my dentist appointment yesterday and my teeth are nice,white and polished today! I hate getting them cleaned, having them scrap my teeth and the fluoride treatment is even worse but it is totally worth it!! Thank goodness for benefits !!

Happy Hump Day! ;)

4 comments:

Chris H said...

I agree, it is easier to lose a very large amount of weight as opposed to a smaller amount... I lost 62 kilos so easily, now I have to lose 15 kilos, and it is soooo hard. I hope you can overcome your 'diet challenges' this weekend.

VegasGirl said...

awww. Sorry you are feeling sick =0/

I'm SOO interested in the fact that your DQ has vegetarian quesadillas!! I don't even think ours has a salad option. hehe

Feel better soon!

Denise Potter said...

get better soon, and don't push yourself to much, your body needs to rest in order to fight that nasty bug.
Take care of yourself!
Luv you!

Jules said...

Hey, you should join my challenge! Check out my site!