A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday ....


It was a rough night last night, I became very emotional about the whole Kitty situation!? Like I just realized what was going to happen. She still hasn't eaten anything, except for licking a little gravy on her wet food. I made some phone calls today to see how much it was to euthanize her and if I needed to make an appointment. These calls were much harder then I had imagined, they asked if I wanted a private room to say my good-bye's and if I wanted to keep her ashes. I said no to both - I couldn't even imagine being in the room when they give her the needle, I get very emotional just thinking about it! :( I was also surprised to find out that it cost over $150 to get this done! Not that price really matters too much in the situation but I just think it is one more thing to worry about, what if someone needed to get this done but just couldn't afford it!? How much worse would that make you feel!? I also called the local humane society (used to be called the SPCA) to see if they would take donations of all her old toys/ litter boxes/ and scratching posts -- they said they would but they needed to be cleaned (duh-like I'm going to give them the litter box full of litter?). I'm not sure if I want to give them the scratching post though, we just bought it and it is fairly big -- I think I'll see if family or friends want it first?!




We had a really late dinner last night so by the time we finished I didn't bother going for my walk. I think I'll go for one today though, I find my walks to be somewhat relaxing and I can clear my head a bit.


4 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh I'm SO SORRY to hear about this - boy have I been there! I still cry when I think about it. A walk was a good idea - something to clear your mind. Our vet was pretty cool and let me hold my kitty on my lap and sit out on the front lawn (our vet is out in the country) it was much more peaceful than being in the office. Some vets will even come to your house and do it.
My heart is with you - it's one of the tough parts of being a pet owner, that's for sure.

Fatinah said...

I lost my beloved Lucky 2 years ago rather suddenly. I still can't think about it without crying - but I'm just thankful to have had the 5 years with him that we did. Best wishes to you in this very trying time.

Denise Potter said...

My offer still stands.

I'm so sorry to hear about all this. So sad.

I'm afraid my cats are to fat to use the cat house and we gave the one we had to danna, so i'm sure she isn't in need of 2.

Maybe just put it in the basement in case of future feline needs. Are you planning on getting another cat someday?

Unknown said...

Oh honey I'm so sorry. :( How old is your kitty?