A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, April 19, 2007


Well we did it..... took Kitty to the vet..... it's for the best, she really was just suffering. I was doing fine, keeping my "tough act" up, until I got home and found my hubby very upset, this is only the second time in 6 years that I have ever seen him cry! It was tough, probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do! I don't ever want to have to go through that again but I know will cause we also have a dog that is getting old and it's inevitable. After we got home from the vet I started cooking supper, my hubby picked up some Chicken Quesadilla's the last time he was at M&M meat shop he even compared them to my NS dinners to make sure they were "healthy"! As I prepared dinner I noticed he kept going downstairs and sneaking past me, he was bringing up flowers from the basement! When I went into the living room it was full of flowers!! Three dozen roses (red, blue and purple ones?) and a bouquet of Gerber Daisies, there was a card that he signed and had the dog sign by tracing her paw print out on the card - isn't he a sweetie!! ? I love him! I couldn't even read the card cause my eyes were so full of tears! After supper I took the dog for her walk to clear my head a bit, just a quickie cause the in-laws were on their way over. My FIL works with a guy who absolutely loves animals and has tons of them, he lives out in the country and his vet bill is like $10,000 a year! So we were going to give all Kitty's stuff to him cause we knew he could use it and it would be going to a good home. This was why the in-laws were coming over - to pick up all the stuff. They also brought with them a bouquet of flowers, I wasn't sure if I would feel up to having visitors so soon but I think it was good cause it made me forget about what had just happened. Needless to say it was a crappy day yesterday but the good news is, is that it is over now, no more worrying about Kitty, no more stress about what to do. It's better where she is at now -- the weird thing about it all is that this morning we woke up to a lot of snow and deep down I thought it was Kitty's way of saying good-bye. Maybe she is up there playing with a roll of toilet paper!? Yeah - I know I'm crazy!?

I wanted to post this recipe for a salad that I am completely addicted too, it's really good for a change!

Shredded Asian Cabbage Salad
5 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
1 sm. red pepper, cut thin
3 green onions, cut thin
1 med. carrot, cut thin (matchsticks)
1/2 cup snow peas, blanched, halved
1 pkg. Ramen noodle soup mix (any flavor)
1/3 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup KRAFT Asian Sesame Dressing


#1- Mix veggies in large bowl. (Reserve season packet from soup mix for another use)
#2- Coarsely crush noodles. Add to veggies along with peanuts, toss lightly.
#3- Drizzle with dressing right before serving.
***NOTE*** Jazz it up by adding cooked shrimp, chicken, pork or tofu cubes along with the noodles and peanuts.
Calories = 138
Fat = 8.1g
Carbs = 14g
Fibre = 1.6g
Protein = 3.8g
I do a few things different from this recipe -- I just buy a bag of shredded cabbage (coleslaw mix) cause it has carrots in it and it's easier. This way I don't have to make a big bowl of it at once, I can just make a bowl as needed. I didn't have red peppers so I use green and I forgot to pick up the snow peas so I left those out. It's a nice salad for a change and I use the peanut serving as my daily "fat". I hope you enjoy!


3 comments:

Chris H said...

I am glad that is over, and isn't your husband just the nicest, sweetest guy ever! You are a lucky girl!

Denise Potter said...

who mike was such a sweety! Earl would never do that! Jerk. Your a lucky girl.

I'm sure kitty is playing with all the toilette paper rolls in heaven. She will never be forgotten.

Luv you.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's rough. I'd bet that Kitty is playing up in heaven with not only toilet paper rolls, but cat nip!! And perhaps even a mouse or two.