A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Busy, busy!


Well this weekend was really busy, I felt like I was on the go the whole time! Which is good cause I thought that since the hubby would be gone all weekend that I would end up bored and start thinking about Kitty. Friday was a typical day but Saturday was fairly hectic. In the morning I went shopping - 1st stop, Payless Shoes to find myself nice dressy shoes/ boots to go with my outfit for that evening. They had already put away their boots and I did see a nice pair of shoes but I thought I would check out Wal-Mart first for boots. They are close to each other so I walked over, they also didn't have anything I liked but I did find some new "under garments" that I picked up. My old ones were not doing their job anymore so I figured it was time to "down size" and get the proper size. LOL So back to Payless I went to get the pair of shoes that I saw and on my way home I stopped at Costco to pick up a few "staples". By the time I got home and had lunch it was time to go to the anniversary dinner. I stopped at my in-laws to pick up my MIL and watch a little of the entertainment that was going on at her place. There were cousin's and aunt's and uncle's staying there for the weekend which made her place quite hectic! Dinner was awesome at the hall, lots of salads and a fruit tray, plus turkey and roast beef with the fixin's. I got tons of compliments from everyone there which made me feel good. I didn't stay too late after dinner was over cause I had to head to the bowling banquet to pick up our prizes. I not only had to get my prizes but also my FIL and hubbies! I picked for our 1st place grand aggregate prize a set of 4 TV tray's and for our 6th place win I picked a cute little garden frog that has a gazing ball on his back. I also won a candle holder as a door prize and I got my perfect attendance pin and $10 for winning a quarter! After I loaded up the car with every one's gifts I headed over to the in-laws to drop off FIL's prizes and have a little visit.




Sunday I had to catch up on all my house cleaning stuff and was hoping that I had time to go to the car show that the hubby was working at and swing by my mom's for a visit but I ran out of time. I opened my box of TV trays to put them away only to find out that there were only 3 in the box!? So now I need to try and exchange them for a box that has all 4! When the hubby got home from the car show we called his parents to come over cause they needed to give us one of the "family tree"/ "time line" books that his Grandpa made. It has pics of the whole family and a story line of everything that happened from the 1900's to current. I flipped through the book last night and found it interesting to read about how they grew up with the scare of Hitler and his army, how they escaped and the conditions they lived in just to get away from Germany! They also brought over my birthday present!! My birthday isn't until September (the big 3 -0) but It is kinda a summer gift so now I get to enjoy it through the summer months! They got me a bench that converts into a picnic table!! It's really neat and I had mentioned before that I wanted one! Here is a pic: We will probably have it set up as a bench for most of the time unless we have a lot of people over, then we can convert it to a table and have extra seating! I was so exhausted on Sunday, my back was killing me, I think it's from caring around one of the cousin's babies at the anniversary dinner. He wasn't even that heavy (14lbs) but after holding him for about a half hour my arms were like Jell-O! It will definitely be an early night tonight and a back massage is also on order! ;)

3 comments:

Denise Potter said...

wow busy girl!

I can't wait to see your new bench and your froggy! Sounds cute!

Chris H said...

That table / seat thingee looks neat! And even the most tiny baby can feel like a tonne after a while! Have a great week.

VegasGirl said...

Oh wow! I've never seen anything like that table/bench combo. That is really neat!

I carry my neices and nephews around all the time. I always feel like I've had a good arm/shoulder/back workout after carrying them around for a couple hours.