A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Check up .....

My car is in the shop today, nothing major just a oil change and it's yearly 'check up'! We have only had the car for a year so there shouldn't be any problems and if there is it will be under warranty. Even if it wasn't under warranty it wouldn't be a huge deal, because I work in a auto parts store I get all my parts at cost which helps a lot. Usually my hubby also does the oil changes but since it has to go in for the inspection they may as well do the oil change too!



Yesterday was a busy day too, work was crazy busy (seems to be a trend lately -on Mondays). I was exhausted by the end of the day and starving! So after a dinner with a few extra veggies to fill me up I took the dog for her walk. It was beautiful out last night and only needed a light sweater on the walk. After that I had to take those TV tray's back to get them exchanged for a full set, what a pain in the butt! But I got them exchanged and had to drop off the receipt at the aunts house which is fairly close by. Then back home to finally sit and relax for a bit. The hubby was busy working on the Ford that he crashed a few months ago and went over to his Grandma's to pick up our home made holiday trailer! We haven't used it in almost two years!! He made it, frame and all, so it's not pretty on the eye's but it keeps us dry and it's way better then using a tent! We want to bring it out to the race track this weekend and just leave it out there so sometime this week I have to get in it and do a serious cleaning! I'm kinda scared, there might be things in there that should have been cleaned out two years ago!!



I'm kinda excited for my weigh in tomorrow, I think I've lost at least a pound or two! ;) I think I still need to work on my dinner's, I often find that I have no idea what to make!? I need to find more things to make so that there is a little more variety then just wheat pasta and chicken with veggies! I've never really been one to experiment or cook up these extravagant meals - the simpler the better! I am in the process of making my cook book and I'm hoping that I will be able to have a link on this blog so that all of you can also check it out! Some of the recipes I have yet to make but look really good and simple (8 ingredients or less, type recipes). And they are recipes that have ingredients that I think everyone should have in their cupboards! If it calls for something that I have to look up on the internet to find out what it is, it's not in my cook book! ;)

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

the cook book sounds great! Get on that stuff lady! lol

Good luck for weigh in tomarrow.

Luv ya!