A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Got the green light!

So as most of you know I had my doctors appointment yesterday! I made a small mistake, because I had to reschedule my appointment I must have forgot to change the time and I only changed the day. So yesterday I showed up for my 9:30am appointment only to find out that I wasn't scheduled to see the doctor until 2:30pm!! Wowser's -- I suppose it all worked out though, because my doctors office is almost an hour away from where I live and work it didn't make much sense to come all the way back to work just to work an hour and leave again for my appointment. So I stayed in the city that my doctors office is in, called my boss and told him I made a mistake and wouldn't be in that day! Instead I went over to my SIL's and visited my niece - boy is she ever a cutie!! :) I just can't get enough of her! Then my girlfriend Denise called and I went to go visit her and her little boy for a few hours before my appointment! It was great!! My doctors visit went fairly well, she was very happy with my weight loss letting me know most things that I already knew, like that by me loosing weight I will have a "less risk" pregnancy -- less chance of high blood pressure and diabetes. She pretty much gave me the green light saying that now is the perfect time to have a baby. I told her that I was fairly paranoid that we might have problems getting pregnant - just because we haven't been preventing for over two years and haven't had a "oops" yet!? ? She told me that if we are actively "trying" and don't end up pregnant by October that I should go back and we well get that ball rolling! So she is giving us 6 months !! Which I'm happy about cause I thought that most doctors want you to "try" for at least one year before they do anything for you!

I have a birthday party today after work!! Denise's boy's 1st birthday!! It should be a blast, I'm looking forward to it. I am meeting my hubby there cause he is helping a friend install a floor today and I am working, the hubby also has to go back to his buddies after the b-day party to finish the floor so I can stay a little later and have another visit with Denise if I want! (which I probably will). Crappy thing is that I forgot my camera at home - so I may have to stop and pick up a disposable one!! We got two invites in the past week for weddings!! They are both for cousin's on my hubbies side, one in Edmonton and one in some tiny little town about 4 hours away - called Robb! I am excited for both weddings not only because they are for two people that I like on the hubbies side but because by the time the weddings are to take place I should be at goal and I can dress and look really good!! I can't wait to show off my new look, I'm hoping to impress a lot of people! ;)




A lady that is on NS and lives close to me is trying to set up a lunch date to meet other people that are on NS in our area. It is for April 29th and I need to decide pretty soon if I am going or not!! I kinda want to go but I've never really been a very sociable person and I really don't want to go by myself! I'm trying to convince Jordanna and Denise that they should come with me but I'm not sure if either of them want to go!? So now I need to decide if I should go by myself and venture outside of my comfort zone to meet new people? Or resort back to my old self and not go!? I'm pretty sure I know what everyone will tell me to do and I know what I should do. I think I'll try and talk to Denise about it tonight and see what she has to say!? I'll probably go with or without them, but I do hope at least one of them will join me! ;)






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you would enjoy a NS meet. I am very shy and managed just fine :) I think having a bunch of ladies helped, I could sit in the background and just enjoy the company if I wanted.

Chris H said...

You know what we are gunna say.... so just go! You will be fine I am sure. And ooooo for being given the green light to start babymaking.... good luck!

Jordanna said...

Yahoo for babies...good luck! May you have a much easier time than me!

Denise Potter said...

I'm in to go with you as I said yesterday.

Good luck on the baby front.

Luv you!