A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thursday --

So we had our meeting for the race track the other night and they seem to have lots of new ideas in mind for this year. They have also been doing or plan on doing some improvements to the grounds! They plan on adding more suites on the drag side, improving the lounge, adding a real coffee shop with 'healthy' snacks and upgrading the bathrooms!!! Their bathrooms were horrible out there - because it is a race track it is situated outside of the city close to the airport (too many people complain about the noise and pollution when it was in the city). So because of this it was like going to a camp, just recently they got running water for the bathrooms (before all they had were outhouses) and the water that they did have in the bathroom was ice cold cause there was no hot water tank! The toilets were constantly getting plugged either from idiot people that thought it was fun!? or because the toilet was just a piece of junk!?






I have been interested in getting more hours with the track - cause I'm money hungry and could always use a few extra bucks! So we talked to the manager last night who also wants me and the hubby to work more or at least come out more to help fill in for breaks and be kind of a floater!? I think being a floater will be fun cause I'm not stuck doing the same job all day, sitting at a desk typing in numbers! I did mention to her that the only issue I had was with pay and how last years pay was crap! She agreed and asked how much I would like to get -- I absolutely hate this question! I always seem to under cut myself cause I don't want to sound greedy by saying some outrageous number! So I spit out $50 an event - WTH was I thinking! Grrr -- clearly I wasn't thinking, $50 stinks too! I don't want $50 an event that's still crap pay!! It's still works out to less then minimum wage, I hate my big mouth! I hate when I open my big mouth without thinking first - and I seem to do it a lot (un-intentional of course)!! She was so quick to say OK to my stupid $50 an event that I felt like an idiot! Now how am I going to tell her that I was stupid and actually I want more .... like $75 an event!! @#(*&@ DUH !! ((sigh))






On a plus note, everyone (on the drag side) commented on my new look and weight loss! I love being able to dress up a little and feel good about the way I look - I love being able to impress people and have them look at me different. But I still feel really awkward when they start to talk to me about it and ask questions! I sometimes wish that people would just talk amongst themselves and I would just know that I look better - I don't need everyone telling me that! But if no one did I would wonder what the problem was! ? !? It's tough, or maybe it's just me being weird!? ? I was surprised at how many people made it sound like I was a failure for not being able to loose weight on my own and that I had to go to a company that supplied food to help!? Just the things they were saying, it would go something like this:






"Wow, you look good! You were busy this winter! How did you do it?"


So I would reply....


"oh, thanks- I am on Nutrisystem"


and then they would say something like...


"OH - Well .... whatever works I guess" or "well, I'm a firm believer in going to places that help you loose" ? ??






I probably would have never even said NS if it wasn't for the fact that I told a lady last year that I had joined and she started some crazy diet (similar to Atkins) where you are only allowed X amount of carbs for so long then you can slowly bring them in and she had these powdered 'energy' drinks? It clearly didn't work for her, since she looked like she had gained back all the weight she lost before winter and was back to where she was a year ago!? She is a super nice lady and we do get along so I do feel bad for her, I just think it was a crazy diet that isn't meant to be long term - there is no way a normal person could live on that diet for life! She gave me a bunch of these to try:





They are coffee sweeteners that are flavored like Mocha, French Vanilla and Hazelnut! They are not available in Canada yet and I was anxiously waiting to try them! Because they are made by Splenda they are 0 calories and I absolutely love hazelnut in my coffee! Unfortunately that was the only flavor she didn't have but I tried the French Vanilla one last night and I'm not sure if I liked it? I missed the "cream" flavor, the coffee looked like a black coffee but smelt like a French Vanilla! I felt the need to add milk to it just to get the cream flavor!? Kinda defeats the purpose in using it?! I also needed to use 2 packets in my coffee just to get enough to taste, I'm not sure if I would buy these when they do become available to us Canadians, it did taste OK but I still really like my FF Hazelnut creamer! This lady did mention that her daughter likes to put the french vanilla one in her plain yogurt to give it a boost and I think this would be a great idea! The one tiny little pack of french vanilla made my kitchen smell great! The smell was much stronger then the taste.

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

i say if your going to not use the cream but the splenda instead, just buy flavored coffee..its prob cheaper anyway.

Don't pay attention to what ppl say about being on NS..most of the ppl commenting prob never had to deal with being fat..jerks. The ppl who have stuggled with it will prob just commend you on the great job you are doing, and if not blow it off, they are being jerks who are jelous of your new hot bod. lol.

Jules said...

Yeah, those Splenda flavor blends are not very good. i was so excited to try them and then I had the same reaction as you. Just MEH. I had to use 2 as well. I rarely use them - only when I make a homemade skim iced lattes.

Yeah, what's up with people having that reaction to NS? Fuck them. Instead say that you ate less and exercised more. Which is basically what the NS plan does. That way you're taking the credit for all your hard work. It's not NS that did it, it's YOU that did it. So say you worked your ass off and WOW them! ;-)