A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday!


Morning! ~~ Hopefully everyone had a great weekend full of family and food! ;) My weekend was good, I could have used one more day off, but I say that every weekend! :)
Friday was a day off for me but unfortunately I woke up at 6 in the morning with a killer headache and a voice that was hardly recognizable! This was also the day that we were suppose to have dinner at my brothers so I was a little worried that I was too sick to make it. I took it very easy all morning - sipping on tea and OJ, feeling somewhat queasy. I took a bunch of cold pills and hoped that I would feel better by the time we had to leave. Thankfully I did feel much better and we headed to my brothers, the whole family was there (except for one aunt that seems to come and go as she pleases and my uncle that leaves in a different city). My nephew was dropped off 2 1/2 hours late by his mother - I was ready so snap! She thinks she can do what ever she wants and has no consideration for anyone else! It was a nice visit and dinner was great! I didn't over indulge, although it would have been easy too, everything tasted very good. I think me not feeling very well had a lot to do with the amount I ate. We also received pics of Kenzie, my SIL got a whole bunch done at Wal-Mart, I was surprised at how cheap it was. I think they got about 7 different positions and a huge package of pictures (even a puzzle and 16x20) for only $160!! I took a bunch of wallet size pics and I got a 5x7.
Saturday was a day to ourselves, I went shopping in the morning for new sneakers, a nice top to wear to the bowling banquet/ anniversary dinner and picture frames to put my niece's pics into! In the evening after supper my in-laws called and told us they were picking us up to go for coffee! I was a little concerned thinking that they had some bad news for us but they just wanted to give us our Easter presents and have a visit! ? The hubby got some chocolate eggs and I got the movie Happy Feet and a solar Welcome sign with little turtles on it (it's cute)!
On Sunday I watched my new movie (it was ok) and we went to the hubbies Grandma's for dinner - it was also OK. She tends to either over cook everything or drowned everything in grease! So needless to say the turkey was more like jerky and the ham was kinda greasy!? I was also surprised to see that she had put out veggies! She never has veggies with her meals and it was nice to see that there was some there this time! We didn't stay too late cause the hubby had to go help move a deep freezer and I wanted to take the dog for her walk and try to burn off some of dinner!
I'm hoping that my little chicken ticker will move a least a little this week! I'm really hoping to "Beat the Fat Kid" ! LOL I can hardly wait for this weekend too, it is Denise's boy's 1st birthday party and I'm excited to see him eat his first cake! I also have my doctors appointment on Friday so I'm hoping for some good news there! :)

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

good for you on the not eating to much, sucked that your not feeling well thow.

Luv you, see you saturday!

I'm super excited!

Unknown said...

I weighed Sunday and after gaining 1.2 last week, I lost 1.6 this week. Onward and downward. I'm nearly halfway to my goal. :)