A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tidbits

It's snowing AGAIN!! gesh .... I suppose I can't complain too much unless it is still snowing after May long weekend!? We have had lots of snow this year compared to previous years, I hope that doesn't mean that our summer will be more wet then previous years as well!? At least not on weekends! ;)






I'm slightly grouchy and slightly irritated today, in our house I'm the one in charge of paying the bills and making sure everything ticks along with no bumps! Well this morning my hubby called to ask if I had paid his M/C that he uses for his work and with me switching the banks around and making sure that all our direct with drawl payments were changed over I somehow forgot to pay it!? It doesn't help that we seem to miss bills, we only seem to get a bill every couple months, so if I'm not on top of things and just pay the stupid thing on- line I tend to forget that we even have the card? So now the hubby is mad cause he can't buy the supplies he needs on the card and I'm sure he figures it's my fault! I just wish we got the bill every month so that it was easier to keep track of! ((sigh)) Whatever, it's too late now - so much for getting our credit score to go back up!







I also forgot that we have a meeting tonight with the race track, we need to fill out our applications and have our orientation. We go through it every year and every year it seems like we never have enough employees to work the various stations in order to make the races run good!? But every year people show up to help for the pathetic pay that we get, I suppose it's more for the entertainment then the job!? I haven't seen any of these people since the banquet in October, so I'm 20lbs lighter since then and hope to impress a few people with my new look! I'm also hoping for a raise this year, last year I only got $30 per event. It didn't matter if I was there for 4 hours or 16 hours, I only got $30! ! It's not a bad pay if you are only there for 4 hours (minimum wage) but if your there for any longer then 4 hours it's like slavery!! There were no perks last year, we didn't even get a discount at the concession, this year is apparently going to be different? I was thinking of working the Sat., Sun races too just to get extra pay but I think they found someone for that position, so I will just be there for Friday night Street Legals!




I have a somewhat good feeling about my weigh in tomorrow, even though I haven't been 100% with my walking or the eating. My clothes feel a little looser and I just feel lighter?! I'm hoping that it's not just my mind playing games on me, I'm really hoping that my mini-challenge ticker starts moving!




There was a new season of Little People Big World that started last night, we watched it - I like the show it is fun to watch and last nights show was very exciting!! Did anyone else watch this show? Last night for dinner I made taco's (not NS - on my own), I found YVES ground veggie burger last time I was grocery shopping and picked up one that was "Mexican" mix. It is pre-cooked (which I didn't realize until I looked at the cooking instructions). And I must say it was petty darn good! It has only 90 Cals per 1/3 of a cup, only 2.5g of fat and it had like 11g of Protein. Even the hubby liked it, you couldn't even tell it was veggie 'meat' ? LOL Unlike the YVES Veggie burger and veggie dogs I tried and was a little unhappy with, this ground round was really good! I wouldn't recommend the patties or the veggie dogs though, they seemed quite rubbery and bland? I think this is similar to 'Boca meat' that a lot of people on NS talk about but I have not been able to find? Maybe it's Canada's version of Boca? Yves has a pretty good website if you are interested just click on the red YVES link above! :)

3 comments:

Denise Potter said...

I did watch little ppl big world too yesterday. It was exciting all right.

good luck tomarrow.

luv ya.

Fatinah said...

what store did you buy the Mexican mix at?

VegasGirl said...

Ugh! make the cold weather go away! I'm sick and tired of it! then again, if it is colder than 70 degrees outside, I think it is chilly =0)

I love that show! I never remember to turn on the TV at a certain time to watch a show, but hopefully I can catch a re-run of it.