A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Weigh in Wednesday!


Week 35 = 179.2lbs
down -1.4lbs ! :)

Not bad, actually pretty darn good for gaining last week!? I'm happy to see that I'm into the 170's now !! I haven't seen a 170 # in a really long time!! A lot of people are telling me that I should not loose anymore weight and that I should just stay a little "curvy". Well my thoughts on this are, I am going to keep eating the way I do and intake the same amount of calories (1250-1300, which I'm comfortable at and don't feel like I'm starving myself) and I'm sure when I get to a certain weight I will no longer loose weight anymore because it will balance each other out?! This will be my finishing point, as long as I don't start looking sickly thin - then I'll have to up my calorie intake but It's not like I'm going to be thin for long, pretty soon I will be putting on weight (baby weight). So I feel a little funny having an actual "goal" cause I know it's not really a "goal" it is more like a finish line on a marathon and even though you have finished this one race there will still be another one. It's hard to explain but I really don't feel like I'm on a "diet" - now I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not? I just feel like I'm plucking away at life in a routine that I am comfortable in and every Wednesday I get on the scale just to find that I lost a pound or two!?
My hubbies Grandma called me on the weekend to tell me that she wants to go on the same diet that I'm on! OMG!! Although she does need to loose weight and it is affecting her health I think there are other things she should be doing first before starting on a program. Like cutting down on oil /fried food, increasing her veggie intake and changing from 2% milk to even 1% would be a good start! She is getting old and stuck in her old way of cooking and eating, I don't think she would enjoy NS - she wouldn't like the food and I don't think she would stick to the program. I think it would be better if I went shopping with her and helped her make some healthier choices first. She did loose weight before, about 20lbs, just by cutting down on the amount of oil she cooks with! But gave up, probably because her food didn't taste as juicy, and gained all the weight back.

I am coming home to an empty house again today, yesterday my hubby had to go help a friend do some work on a car and tonight he needs to go over to another friends to help install a counter top! So I will be dining alone again, then taking the dog for her walk and after that I think I might work on cleaning out the trailer. Hubby brought it home the other night and it actually doesn't look too bad inside, no huge cob webs or millions of mouse turds that I was worried about! I need to get the sleeping bags cleaned and there is still some food (sugar, tea, pancake mix, granola bars and some tooth paste!) in the cupboards that is clearly garbage now! oops! LOL

2 comments:

Denise Potter said...

Way to God girl!!! congrats! It sounds like you got some good thinking going on too.

Luv you!

Good luck with the trailer. Yuck!
I'm not looking foward to owrs coming home, its been in a farmers feild, I think I'll make earl clean it. lol. yah right.

Fatinah said...

yowsers! what a great weight loss!!!!!