A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday weigh in!


Well my weigh in for week 34 was not so good .... I gained, only +0.6lbs -- I'm OK with that though. I had a huge loss last week and this week has been quite the challenge~! A co-worker celebrated her birthday which meant birthday cake was being offered (I refused), then I had Denise's boy's 1st birthday party which was a total blast and this time I enjoyed the birthday cake being offered. Then on Sunday we had a BBQ with friends and even though I brought my own Veggie burger (instead of having a beef patty) there were no veggies to be seen anywhere and I ate way too many carb's (cheesy garlic toast, a bun for my burger and half a baked potato with whipped topping!) Then with all my emotions running wild my hubby called me last night to say he was stopping at DQ to get himself a Peanut Buster Parfait and asked if I wanted anything? Immediately the little angel and devil appeared on my shoulder to duke it out. The angel saying "but tomorrow's weigh in day and you really want to break into the 170's" and the devil responding with "but you've had a rough week and you have to put your precious Kitty down tomorrow - enjoy!!" So the devil won and I ordered a Kit Kat Blizzard (the smallest size possible) which stilled worked out to an extra 700 calories for the day!! But I shared it with Kitty as her last meal that she didn't really eat. It was really good, the chunks were a little too big but it was still yummy. I think I would have preferred a bouquet of flowers and I think next time I would be OK with just having the chocolate bar and skipping the ice cream all together!? So for this week I have two goals that I would like to accomplish or at least try:
#1- I would like to start a food journal, this way I can keep track on Sparkpeople of my calorie intake for the day to make sure I am on the right track. I am getting closer to the end of using NS and even though somethings seem to be working I would like to know exactly which ones are the better choices.
#2- I would like to get in more exercise, I think this involves me using the treadmill a little more (which I like) but there is still no satellite on the basement TV and the hubby needs to fix the box !? It looks like we are in for some rain for the next week so I should have no problem completing this challenge. I can take the dog for a quick 30min walk (hopefully without getting rained on) and then get on the treadmill to do an additional 30+ minutes. This will be good for two reasons - it will keep me occupied so I don't think about Kitty and the fact that she is no longer around and it will help me in getting into the 170's!

I will be leaving work early today in order to take Kitty to the vet. I have been running the situation through my head all week to try and help myself prepare for it. I like to think that i am a strong person and I hate showing too much emotion in front of people. This usually causes me to wait until I'm by myself (like the car ride home yesterday) or when I'm in the dark (like going to bed the other night) and then the water starts flowing and I can't stop the tears. Hopefully I can keep my composure while at the vets but I think the minute I get in my car it will hit me and then to go home and pack up all her toys, food and clean the litter boxes it will be even worse. The best thing for me to do is to keep busy, and hopefully no one asked about her in the next few weeks. I need to make an announcement I suppose but I'm sure I'll forget someone and they will unknowingly ask "how's Kitty doing?" and that will be a very awkward situation. Here is a little poem I found that I thought was appropriate, I hope you enjoy it. :(

Kitty 1996-2007
May she rest in peace.


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.


When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.


Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.
Mary Frye

5 comments:

Peeling off the layers...back to "me"... said...

I read that poem at my grandfathers furneral!! It says it all !!

I am addicted to the Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzards!! They are bad news

Peeling off the layers...back to "me"... said...

How do you stay so motivated? You have lost a lot of weight. When did you start?

Annieann77 said...

I started in late August 2006 and have been able to stay fairly motivated because the program was so easy to follow.

I think if I never would have seen the results I did in the begining I never would have been where I'm at today!?

I tried a few diets before but Nutrisystem is the only one that I didn't have to worry about counting, you just follow the plan and it works?! It costs a little more but totally worth it!

Chris H said...

Sad things happen all the time sweetie, this is just another one of those times you have to "get it done" and move on.. I am thinking of you.... loved the poem. You are doing the best thing for Kitty and that's the main thing.

Denise Potter said...

i luv you girl, feel free to call or drop by after if you need some company k?

I luv you soo much and I'm here for you.