A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, April 16, 2007

my Kitty is sick again! :(

My Kitty is sick again, she was doing really good for awhile - eating lots and putting some weight back on!! But now I don't know what happened just one day she stopped eating! ?! She hasn't eaten for 4 days! She is back to looking like a bag of bones and has very little energy. I've tried everything to get her to eat, she is even having a hard time getting water down?! On the weekend I tried to cater to her a little and would bring the food/ water to her in hopes that she would eat/ drink something. After sipping on a little water I noticed that it looked like she had fallen asleep at the water dish and her little chin was dipped in the water!? Like she didn't even have the energy to pull her head out of the dish! I think it is time..... I'm not sure how long I can let her keep going without eating!? She doesn't look very good at all, I was so hoping that she could have one last summer - sitting in the sun relaxing, chasing butterflies but I don't think I can prolong the inevitable any longer. :(

On a happier note -- I went to Denise's son's 1st birthday party on the weekend! It was awesome, he got tons of gifts and he actually took part in unwrapping most of them (unlike my nephew who was much more interested in having people do the work for him)! Every time I see the little guy I'm amazed at how much more advanced he is from other kids I know. He walked younger then most kids I know and got teeth pretty young too!? I suppose all kids are different and you can't compare one to the other but as a parent and having a child that seems more advanced then most it must give you a huge sense of pride?!?

We also went over to our friends house for a BBQ (the friends that the hubby was helping put the floor in for) and she has a 16 month old that I haven't seen for a while and has turned into a vicious little girl!! I was amazed at both the parenting and the attitude of this little girl! She is such a bully, there was another little girl there that was 15 months old and a little smaller then her that she would pinch on the cheek (hard enough to make them go rosy red) and she bit her nose (I thought she was going to give the other little girl a kiss - but then she went for the nose!! ) She would grab toys from this other little girl and when my hubby said "oh-no no ... you need to share" the mother got a little excited telling us that you aren't suppose to say "share" !?! WTH ?? She works in a daycare and that's what they taught her! You're not suppose to tell them to share until they are over the age of 2? And when this little girl started pinching the other girl the mother handled it by pinching her back? Now I don't know much about raising kids but I would think that by doing it back it would teach the little girl that it was kinda OK to keep doing it and that it is a way of getting attention? The mother blames my hubbies friends dad cause he will innocently pinch her checks or rough her up a bit!? I don't know.... I do know however that this little girl is evil - she would get this evil look in her eye every time she was going to do something bad!



3 comments:

Jordanna said...

awww I'm sorry to hear about your kitty...that's sad. We're starting to have the same worries with pugsley....it really sucks

VegasGirl said...

aww. I'm sooo sorry to hear about your kitty-cat. =0(

As for the comments about the little girl, they had me rolling on the floor laughing. EVIL!!! Of course, it could just be the sense of irony because I just got home from a class called Family Communication. My teacher would say you are 100% right, doing it back only teaches that it is okay.

Denise Potter said...

i agree with vegasgirl. That sounds wrong to me, same with the not sharing thing, I've read you can start showing children consiqences for their actions at 18 months-marmaliade is like 2!!!!

What kindof crazy, crappy day care is she working at!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about kitty. So sad. I'm here for you same as before. Just let me know if you want me to help.