A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, April 30, 2007

~~ Good weekend! ~~

The past weekend was a good one for me, hopefully everyone else had a good one ?


Saturday my hubby got up early to go to the race track, I slept in and met him there around 10:30. It was freezing and so windy I had to wear my toque! For it being the first race everything seemed to go good, no glitches except that the score boards weren't displaying the E.T.'s - no big deal though cause the drivers still got a time slip, just the spectators couldn't see how fast the cars were running (all 3 of them?) LOL I left pretty much right after the races were over (4:30) and headed home but my hubby stayed for a safety talk. A few hours after I was home I got a call from my MIL, she asked if hubby was home and sounded out of breath so I said had to ask what was wrong!?! Apparently her basement had flooded and my FIL was out of town so I offered to go over and help clean up since hubby wasn't home yet. When I got there it was already mostly cleaned up, I just had to take the roof tiles out so they could dry out a bit. A few minutes after I got there FIL pulled up, looks like the pipe that goes to the outside faucet had cracked and water was running down the wall. We sat and had a chat after everything was mostly dry - the couches were still wet but the floor and wall seemed good. We waited for my hubby to call and thought we would go for dinner after waiting till almost 8:00pm we decided to go for dinner without him. When I got home he was in a panic, I had left a note stating how his parents basement flooded and I went over there to help, so I guess when he read the note he tried calling but I had forgot my cell phone at home and since we had already left for dinner no one was answering the phone at his parents. So he packs up the dog and heads over to see the damage, I guess he also called his Grandma to see if maybe we went over there (so now his Grandma is all worried about us!). He kinda gave me crap for not having my cell phone but I just turned it around cause he was suppose to be home for dinner and never called me saying he would be late!



I woke up Sunday morning with a tickle in my throat and a persistent cough! I also had to go to that lunch date with other NS members, so I did a little bit of house cleaning, waited for Denise to come over so we could car pool to the lunch. By now my voice was starting to sound funny and the tickle had turned into a scratch! I thought I knew exactly where Kelsey's was in Sherwood Park but I guess I had forgot so we ended up taken the scenic route and were 15 minutes late! There were only two other NS ladies there, Shelley and Sandy and boy were they ever a hoot!! :) If my throat hadn't hurt so much I probably would have laughed way louder then I did! It turns out that Shelley's hubby is one of our customers and I talk to him all the time!? She had also mentioned that she wanted to get a M&M tattoo so I mentioned how my hubby collects the M&M candy dispensers and so does too!! WOW They were super easy to talk to and Sandy's imitation of how the geese's hissed at her was hilarious! I can't wait to have another lunch with them and maybe meet a few more NS'ers! The service at Kelsey's sucked so we were there for about 2 hours and the waitress hardly ever came by! But we were having a good talk so it was hardly noticeable!? Shelley had the waitress take some pics so hopefully she will send me a copy and I can post them here!



By the time I got home from lunch I could barely talk, my throat had had enough! I gave the hubby my "puppy dog" eye's and asked him to go to the store to get something to make it better!? (works every time!) So he did, and after Denise's hubby came to pick her up I crashed on the couch! I'm feeling a tiny bit better today but my throat is still sore, sucks cause all I do at work is talk on the phone which is just irritating it more!? Hopefully I will feel a bit beter tomorrow!

**** UPDATED ****

I just got the pic of our lunch e-mailed to me from Shelley! Here it is:

Front row: Shelley (on the left) and Sandy

Back row: Denise (on the left) and me! :)

4 comments:

Denise Potter said...

Those ladies where soo funny. I tryed to tell Earl about the lunch and how fun they where, but I think it was a "had to be there" moment.

I hope your throut feels better soon. At least it's better then having a full blown-stuffy nose, watery eyes cold. I rather have a sore throut and weird voice over a cold any day!

Luv Ya!

Denise Potter said...

I did that thing at the top of your blog-we have a lot of them the same! I didn't copy or even look at yours until after I did mine! Check mine out on my blog.

Chris H said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, I too am down with a cold but not a sore throat fortunately! You girls look lovely and so happy, nice.

Anonymous said...

Holy! You look so skinny in the picture! I haven't seen you in so long I didn't realise that you had lost that much weight. Now I'm jealous, because I GAINED 8 pound last month :-)