A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's hammer time!

My brother took the day off yesterday to help my SIL look after Kenzie while she was at a dance thing all day with my other niece. He stopped by my work for a quick visit and I got to show off Kenzie, she was full of smiles and giggles! I just love her laugh it's so contagious, like a belly laugh! After his quick visit he was off to feed his addiction, yup that's right, my brother has an addiction! I never knew it was so bad until my SIL told me about how he made a list, of all the stores where he can buy them and the ones he doesn't have yet! He wants to get them all, they have about 10 in their basement that they haven't even brought out yet! I haven't even heard of these things before ... it all started with my nephew, he got one and gave it a name, then everyone wanted one! What is it you ask ??




Something called Webkinz, bets me? I guess you buy these stuffed animals and have to register them on the computer, give them a name and make sure you feed them and play with them! You earn money by playing games and then you can buy them things!? I tried having a virtual pet before and it didn't live that long, I do have a Furby that is still alive and I wake up once a month to feed! LOL I think it is more meant for the kids but it seems like my brother just can't get enough of them! He's a big kid at heart! ;)




Since I was home alone again last night I decided after I took the dog for her walk I headed to the niece's dance festival. I've never been to one before and I do enjoy watching things like that on TV, like The Pussycat Dolls and syncro swimming when the Olympics are on. I find it neat to watch everyone in sync. I got to the auditorium just in time to see the 'hip hop' performances. There were some good ones and there were some that looked uncomfortable on the stage. One of the groups before my niece was super cute, I think they were 6 or 7 years old - they did Walk like an Egyptian. Then my niece's team was up, they danced to

MC Hammer - Can't touch this!
It was super funny, they did a really good job and the team earned a 'high gold'! My brother showed up after the show so I hung out with him and Kenzie while we waited for Maddison to get changed.
I also saw one of my girlfriends in the lobby too, she was one of my bridesmaids and I haven't talked to her in almost a year!? ? It got me thinking about how a lot of the people that were very important to us when we got married we have seemed to drifted further away from!? I think this happens to a lot of people, after the wedding they don't talk to the people in there wedding party!? Or maybe it's just us? We got to catch up on things, not that there was much to talk about, but it was nice to see her again!


3 comments:

Denise Potter said...

Lisa? was at a dance thing???? werid!

I've never heard of those internet pet things either, guess evan isn't at that stag yet. I'm sure there will be a lot of cool toys to come in the future. I hope I don't get hooked on one thats to expensive. lol

Chris H said...

Internet pets? Weird. I have only seen my bridesmaid twice in 20 years, we do drift apart as our lives grow and change... that's life.

VegasGirl said...

LoL. Those internet pets are HUGE in America. However, I thought they were for the younger kids.

I didn't know about them until One of the big news shows like 60 minutes or Dateline NBC did a big story on them not too long ago. They said little kids are getting to use the internet unsupervized and how dangerous it could be, but it kind of made me want to go out and get one. hehe