A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday .... at last!


Things are getting better, I find that the more I tell people the easier it is, which is odd for me because usually I would just hold it in and hope no one asked questions. But because I deal a lot with customers on the phone and they call in regularly they know my voice and most of them are asking if I am sick?! I didn't think I sounded that bad but I guess they can tell that I'm not my usual self so I have to tell them that no I'm not sick and that we had just put our cat down. Each time it seems to get easier, I was thinking yesterday that this is probably how a parent would feel when their child leaves the home to go to college or moves out. It's odd to come home to one less 'kid' but at least I still have one 'kid' at home that brightens my day.

This weekend is fairly busy for us, the hubby has a booth set up at the local car show called 'Powerama' - so he will be there all weekend starting tonight! Then tomorrow we have to attend his grandparents anniversary, 60th I think? After we finish eating with his family I need to scoot over to the bowling banquet to pick out all our prizes!! I'm so excited about winning the top prize, I hope there are some good prizes to pick from! I also think I will go shopping tonight or tomorrow morning for some new boots to wear with the outfit I want to wear. I'm not sure what I have planned for Sunday yet, I know I want to keep myself busy so that might mean a road trip to do some visiting or I might use my hubbies free pass to go see the car show - or both!? LOL If it's nice out I would also like to clean the inside of my car - there's nose prints all over my back window! ;)

Good news ..... only 3 more weeks till my holiday's!! YAH!! Not that we are going anywhere or doing anything exciting but it will be nice to have some days off! :)

You Are the Very Gay Winnie the Pooh!
Come on, he doesn't wear pants!And he's a little too obsessed with Christopher Robin
What Gay Childhood Icon Are You?
I'm ok with this .... I like Pooh Bear! :)

4 comments:

Denise Potter said...

lol i wonder what guy cartoon I am, check my blog I'll post it.

I'm glad your starting to feel better, I know it's so hard.

Luv you!

btw: what was with the spanish comment? weird. I have no itea how to turn it english. weird.

VegasGirl said...

I'm a very gay peppermint patty. hehe.

Glad to hear that it is getting better. Take care.

Chris H said...

When one of my kids leave home I jump up and down with JOY, pure unadulterated JOY ... but then .. I have 8 kids!!! I'm so glad things are feeling a bit easier for you... have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up and wanted to say hi. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Eventually you will start to remember more of the good memories than the last days...it's so hard.

Take care. :)

- Susan