A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Wonderful weekend ....



Well, my weekend was good and fairly busy. Friday night the hubby was making a few extra bucks on the side by clearing snow at a local community hall so I had the evening to myself! I like having my alone time once and a while it was very relaxing. We spent our Saturday morning at Cosco (a local wholesale supplier), picked up a few necessities and then the hubby worked in the garage and I cleaned house. Sunday I wanted to go to the Butterdome craft sale. It is a really big craft sale that happens every year and usually has some pretty good ideas. Of course everything there was way overpriced and although I did see things I liked, I'm too cheap to pay that much for them. I will try and figure out how they made it and try to make my own or something similar. Sunday night we decided to check out Candy Cane Lane, a street in Edmonton that goes all out and decorates there houses with lights and other neat x-mas decorations. It was really nice this year and lots of the houses got involved with the decorating, there were only a few "black holes" (houses that don't decorate at all). After we were finished we headed to Bright Lights, which is also a light display but this one is put on by the city and cost $15 per car. I must admit by far Candy cane lane was way better, not only was it FREE but the displays were nicer. The light display that the city put on looked like it was thrown together at the last minute. Most of the displays had different color lights where there should have been white bulbs, the timing of the displays that moved were off and not timed properly, I was not impressed! I don't think we will go back next year!?

Well that's about all that happened this weekend. I'm still trying to figure out this PPP thing, hopefully I can understand it and make a few extra bucks! Sure could use a few - especially at this time of year! LOL Oh and if your bored and looking for something to do a good way to pass the time is to visit Bestest Blog of all Time and try out his "random blog" button it is way beter then the next blog button!

2 comments:

Elaniom said...

I love the puppy picture!!

Annieann77 said...

he he - me too! He looks like he's getting his fill ! Stuffing his face,LOL