A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, December 18, 2006

Another Monday~!


I think this cat is part dog!! Isn't it the biggest cat you've ever seen!!
The weekend was good, went by fast again- as usual! I had to work Saturday so after work I decided to do a little shopping. On my way home I passed by this scrapbook store that was closing and everything was 50% off !! I picked up a few stencils and "rub-on's" (I've never tried these before but they were really cheap so thought I would give them a try). I usually get all my scrapbook stuff from Creative Memories but they don't offer rub-on's? My mom came over on Sunday for a visit and to pick up some gifts that I had picked up for her.
Julie from Flip this Body and former NS member, asked in one of my comment boxes how things were going with NS so I figured that now that I am almost half way to goal I would do a recap of NS.
Things I've learned so far:
-The good-
** NS has taught me what a "normal" serving is and how to follow the dietitian pyramid.
** I pay more attention to labels and am slowly learning how many calories are in certain foods.
** I love the simplicity of the diet (grab and go)
** NS is creating a "new" and "improved" menu that is going to offer a lot of new/ yummy items.
** I have discovered a new liking for water - I never really cared for it before.
** I love the little bears that NS gives you for every 10lbs you drop.
** I am one size away from entering a "normal" clothing store - no more plus size!
** I actually know what it feels like to get tickled! Before I would just squirm cause I didn't want my hubby to touch my rolls but now I squirm cause it really does tickle ..... a lot!
-The Bad-
** NS is creating a "new" and "improved" menu that is discontinuing a lot of the old meals BUT they are not bringing the new ones in fast enough - which limits our options when ordering the food.
** The simplicity of NS worries me that I will not like the extra time it takes to make "healthy" meals once I am off the diet. There fore falling back onto old habits cause they are easier.
** Now that I am starting to get compliments people are asking me "How I did it?" and I hate telling them it was with the help of NS cause it makes me feel like I couldn't do it on my own.
** My biggest worry is that I will not be able to tell if I have eaten too many or not enough calories for the day.
** I don't really like getting all the compliments now and I feel really awkward when people do mention that I look good. I think this is because I got used to being the ugly duckling and I don't really like to be under the spot light - yet!?
-The Ugly-
** I have currently lost over 40lbs but yet have only dropped one pant size ?? WTH ??
** I am starting to hate the price of getting healthy and loosing weight but I know it is working for me so I will continue to pay for NS but eventually will have to pay off my VISA. :(
** I can no longer wear my "fat pants" they look silly on me now but I hate the thought of spending more money on clothes that hopefully I wont be in very long!
Overall -- I am getting a little tired of the NS foods and am very thankful that they are coming out with new foods. I feel that since I am half way to goal that I am almost at the top of the hill and these last few steps to get me over the hill are starting to make me feel quite tired. I have noticed that lately I feel like trowing in the towel and I feel I need a little extra push? I am starting to truly believe that I can be thin and that someday I will really like the way I look. I believe that this is the hardest thing I have ever done and to think that even when I do reach my goal it isn't over, I need to do this for the rest of my life and that scares the crap out of me !
On a lighter note I would like to share with you a fun game I found on Mind over Platter's blog. She is also a former NS member and looks absolutely amazing!! See if you can get Santa fit!

3 comments:

CuteBeachGirl said...

Do not throw in the towel. I recently lost 80 pounds on the low carb diet. You can do this, I'm having to pull my fat ass leg back up on the wagon after a slight tumble at Thanksgiving..and that cat, is part horse I think...

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Stay focused! You've made great progress so far!

Annieann77 said...

Thanks for all the encouragment !! ((HUGS))