A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Fun Facts

For this week's Fun Facts I thought it would be fun to have some Christmas facts about myself and I found this list on TLC for 4s blog.

Holiday Questions



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hmmm... tough choice.... I will have to go with Egg nog! You can have hot chocolate anytime of the year, egg nog is only available at Christmas time!?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? If Santa wrapped the presents what would the elves do?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? BOTH !! The more the better!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I've always wanted too, just for fun!
5. When do you put your decorations up? After Grey cup, usually the last weekend in Nov. I would do it sooner if the hubby let me ! he he
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Homemade stuffing.. hmmm
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Getting up early to see if our stockings were full and then having a big breakfast with my parents
8. Do you send out Christmas cards? Sometimes but not always?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My hubbies family opens ALL their gifts on Christmas eve and has a big dinner. Growing up I was never allowed to open a gift early, even though we asked every year !
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots of lights and character decorations (not too many balls). I used to use tinsel but then one year my cat ate it, which is apparently really bad but she passed it ok. I saw this shinny thing hanging out of her butt and that was the last year I used tinsel! (TMI?)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the snow but hate the icy roads, I wish it never snowed on the roads or sidewalks just on the grass!??? lol
12. Can you ice skate? I haven't tried for a really long time but I imagine it would be like riding a bike? If you've done it before it would be easy to get back on them?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My hubby proposed to me on Christmas Eve, that would have to be my most favorite gift- so far!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I only get to pick one??
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Every year my hubby and I go look at the Christmas lights that the city has on display.
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Old toy trains by Roger Miller
20. Candy Canes or Chocolate Covered Cherries? How can you go wrong with chocolate and cherries! YUM
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown's Christmas
22. Favorite Candle you burn during the holidays? Holiday Spice - Partylite
23. Favorite Gift to receive at Christmas? I love getting bath stuff.

So yesterday I was kinda bad and didn't stay on plan at all! I was out with my mom all morning and had lunch with her (Grilled Chicken Salad off the seniors menu) and then in the evening I went out with the MIL and had supper with her (Chicken wrap, no cheese and a side salad) ! So I ate out twice yesterday ! BUT I weighed myself this morning to see if I had made good choices when I ate out and guess what?? I lost 0.6lbs! So I must have made some really good choices? I'm considering this to be a big NSV cause it tells me that I am actually learning something from this diet and I'm not so scared to stop NS! I can do this on my own, when the times comes! I must admit though it was quite difficult finding something on the menu's that I felt were "healthy" and neither restaurant had any kind of light dressing for my salad? I had a really hard time trying to figure out how many calories would be in each meal and was unsure if I should have my fruit snack and dessert in the evening or if I already had enough calories for the day? I think it is a fairly fine line between not getting enough calories and having too many, and without having a label or nutrition label to read it is hard to figure out!


2 comments:

Elaniom said...

OOOHHH!! Chocolate coveried cherries are my all time fave candy! And I am so proud that I haven't had a single one yet! I am planning to make a box (just 1 box which I will greedily guard!!) my Christmas reward. Nice list! And thanks for the observance of my 2 lb lose!! Good eye!!

Anonymous said...

I consider, that you are not right. I am assured. Write to me in PM, we will discuss.