A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

A little stressed!


So I have good news and bad news....
Good news is that hubby is ok and has no scratches or broken bones.
Bad news is that because we only paid $6000 for his truck and because it was only a 98 we decided not to put collision on it. And all insurance companies believe that if you turn left and get in an accident it is automatically your fault! Doesn't matter if the light was green, yellow or red! Still your fault for turning left when it was "un-safe". And there fore because we have no collision and because it was his fault (don't tell him that though) the insurance company is not doing anything for us.... no rental, no adjuster to see if the truck is fixable, no money to get a new one !! My stress level right now is through the roof! I am so angry and depressed about the whole situation! (sigh) I came home last night to find out that not only did hubby wreck the truck he also freaked out when the insurance company said they wouldn't help us and now we also need a new cordless phone! Temper ... temper! He figures we are getting "screwed" and is very bitter about it but honestly it's our own fault for not getting the extra insurance! Well I phoned my bank today and they figure it shouldn't be a problem to get a loan for another vehicle which is good but I'm really not looking forward to having truck payments again! Just when I thought things were starting to look good for us and that we could start building our "nest" to start a family and now this!! &^@@#)& I am pretty much the one that keeps the calm in our house so if I freak out about how we can't afford a vehicle then he will too! So between me and you ...deep down I'm freakin out but can't tell him that! I'm thinking that we will never have a family now cause hubby will think we cant afford one but holy crap I'm getting old and my clock is ticking!! I NEED a family soon and it better be by 2008! I think I really might have to get a second job now just to afford the extra payments and be able to start building our nest! I may have to stop NS - which really sucks cause it is totally working for me!!

Speaking of NS, I tried the new Black bean and tortilla soup yesterday for lunch and at first I was a little worried when I opened the lid. I had a Bacon n' Cheddar Masher flashback!! It looked like a gewy, soupy, poopy mess but then I reminded myself that is soup and should look soupy! So I tried it and was actually pleasantly surprised by how good it was! I think I like the Black bean and rice one better but this one was pretty darn good!! For dessert last night I also tried the White Chocolate chunk cookie I was a little surprised when I took a bite out of it only to discover there is also hazelnuts in it which are one of my favorite nuts! I sure wish I could get a hold of NS's cookie recipes! They all taste so good and are also good for you !

No comments: