A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Holiday's are over .... finally!



After almost a entire week of family gatherings, festivities and gifts to open the Christmas holidays are finally over! I thrive off routine, my body just doesn't like it when things go a-wall and for the past week things have been more then just a little crazy I feel completely exhausted (physically and mentally) I'm so happy to be back at work on a regular routine again! Christmas was good as usual and I got tons of gifts -as usual! I think my top two gifts would have to be the pedometer and MP3 player!! I'm so clueless when it comes to technology and this MP3 player has got me beyond confused!? I just don't understand the lingo. Hopefully by the New Year I will have figured it out but for now all I have figured out on it is the radio and my music file (and even that isn't working quite right)? My pedometer is also a little high tech for me (seriously) he he, I don't think I have it set up 100% yet but it's close. On my walk last night it said I walked 5000 steps, 2.5 miles and burned 300 cals ! I thought that was amazing! Hopefully everyone else had a good holiday!

7 comments:

Elaniom said...

hhhmmmm, I'm seeing a pedometer challenge in the future! Should we start talking smack to each other now or wait for it to be official!!!

Annieann77 said...

LOL ;) The gloves are on! Bring it on !! LMAO !!

Elaniom said...

Alright, lets say a average of 5000 steps per day (a good 2 mile walk at least!) for every day of January. That would be...WOW!!... 155000 steps!!! If you're a John Wayne fan, you'd say "It's just a good stretch of the legs!"

If your up for it, LET'S GO!!

GET READY TO GET STEPPED ALL OVER GIRFRIEND!!!! ;)

Annieann77 said...

I think that is totally do-able ! I was going to try for 10,000 steps a day, but I was planning on wearing it all day. So I can just write down what it says before I go for my walks and keep track of it seperate from daily steps?!

Elaniom said...

Lets meet in the middle. I wear mine all day too, but I am working up to 10,000. So, all day wear, ~7500 steps per day including walks, exercise, etc. That would be 232500 steps for January. That would push me pretty hard, then we could go for 10,000 a day in February!!

On your mark...
Get set...
GO!!!!!

Annieann77 said...

sounds good! ok I'll change my ticker to read 232500 !

Barb said...

Hurray for you! Happy New Year!