A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, December 15, 2006

~Friday Fun Facts~


With Christmas only 10 days away, I thought a little bit of turkey facts would be good!



---- Turkey Facts ----

Things you always wanted to know about turkeys but were afraid to ask:

* Domesticated turkey hens are artificially inseminated. They lay 80 - 100 eggs during a 25 week laying cycle, and each egg takes 28 days to hatch.


* Domesticated Turkeys have been bred to have white feathers so there are no unsightly pigment spots under the skin when they are plucked.


* Only tom turkeys gobble, hen turkeys make a clicking noise.




The top five most popular ways to serve leftover turkey is: Sandwich, Soup or Stew, Casserole, Stir-fry, and Salad.


The typical 15 pound turkey is 70% white meat and 30% dark meat. White meat has fewer calories and less fat than dark meat.




I received my Christmas bonus at work today!! Yeah ! I love my job!! This is the first job I have ever had that I has given out Christmas bonuses! We decided to do "secret Santa" at work also, there is only 7 of us at this store so it is easy to co-ordinate. I wasn't really too happy to do secret Santa this year but I figured if everyone else wanted to do it then I didn't want to be the Scrooge. Last year I got a stinky gift basket full of very smelly lotions and creams, not really my style!? If I get another cheesy secret Santa gift this year then next year I don't think I will participate! Anyway we drew names yesterday and I was the one that went around with the names in the hat. I accidentally saw who pulled my name and it just happens to be the only person I was hoping would NOT get me! grrrr I pulled my bosses name so I'm happy about that, he is a pretty easy person to buy for and I already know what I will get him. On the 21st the boss is supplying lunch for everyone (lunch meat and veggies - thankfully! I was worried it would be pizza) and we will do our gift exchange! Here's to hoping that I don't get another crappy Christmas gift! LOL

2 comments:

Barb said...

Happy Bonus day!!!!

CuteBeachGirl said...

Damn, now I'm hungry for turkey. When's lunch?