A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Fun stuff

I must admit that I am extremely happy that this week is over and that I do have a few days off!! With Christmas only a few days a way - 2 more sleeps to be exact - and after dealing with the loss of a vehicle, I'm not sure if I could have handled much more stress!

Yesterday at work we had our Secret Santa gift exchange, we all drew names and had a $20 limit on a gift for that person. It is supposed to stay a secret (hence Secret Santa) but it never is and eventually everyone finds out who bought for who. Last year I got stuck with some cheesy gift box full of stinky smelly lotions and soaps that just irritate my skin. This year I got a bottle of "Hot Sex"!? ? Apparently it is very similar to Bailey's?? I imagine it is probably a pretty good drink but as a non-drinker.... I wouldn't know! Just another cheesy gift! I don't think I will enter the Secret Santa next year if we do it, I will be the scrooge in the office! Bah humbug!! LOL The boss also treated us to lunch, he bought a meat tray, buns and a veggie platter! I was so happy it wasn't the typical pizza lunch! Last night our bowling league had our Christmas party as well, all we had to do was bring a donation to the food bank. They had platters of meat, cheese, fruits, veggies and desserts. There was also a bunch of door prizes you could buy tickets for and enter to win. I totally loaded up on the veggies and fruits and skipped my NS dessert for the night, I thought I might have over did it yesterday will all the festivities but I weighed myself this morning to finish my mini-Christmas challenge and I couldn't believe I actually lost 0.2lbs - even with all the extra eating !! I guess I made some good choices when I went up to the snack table !

So my official final weigh in for the mini-Christmas challenge is 205.6lbs!

Which is still not goal but pretty darn close and I'm extremely happy about that! Now to think of my next mini-Challenge, Kellie from Fat to Phat (aka-Tired of Weightin) wants to join me in the next mini-challenge so we will have to think of something? Maybe a Valentine hottie challenge? Anyone else interested in joining us in the next mini-challenge?

This will probably be my last post till after Christmas so I thought I would share with you what will be on our activity calendar.

Friday 22nd -- I need to go to the grocery store and pick up ingredients for a salad I am making for tomorrow and prepare veggies for salad. Walk the dog.

Saturday 23rd -- Go shopping for a new truck for the hubby. Finish salad and head to St.Albert for pot luck with friends. Stop to visit my brother on the way (he has to work - haha), stop to visit my dad in St.Albert. Go to pot luck and visit with friends we haven't seen for a while.

Apparently Germans (hubbies family) celebrate on Christmas Eve and that is their big festivities day which works out really good for me cause my family always celebrated on Christmas Day so,

Sunday 24th -- Go to grocery store again and get stuff to make fruit trays and salad for Boxing Day. Hubby wants to go tobogganing (we'll see ??) Have X-mas dinner at hubbies Grandma's, open gifts. Head to hubbies parents house to open more gifts (usually it is about midnight by now).

Monday 25th -- Hubby and me celebrate at our house together, relax for a little while. I make trays for Boxing Day and then head to my mom's for dinner.

Tuesday 26th -- Big party at inlaws -- starts at about 2pm and goes all night! They have open house every year with tons of food and lots of people! This will be my biggest Christmas challenge!

I took the 27th off to relax a bit before heading back to work and plan on seeing one of my other girlfriends that I haven't seen for a while. Then back to work on the 28th !

Well that's about all that's new for now -- sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading to the end! LOL

Happy Holidays !! : )











You Are a Trifle


No doubt, you have many intricate layers. But deep down, you're a little squishy.



What holiday food are you?






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you!

And thanks for the link, thats very nice of you :-)

Anonymous said...

I am a fruitcake.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the new car thing and I'm proud of you for not cheating like me, the pregnant lady....

Elaniom said...

OOOHHH, I love the Valentine Hottie Challenge idea!! I am all over it!

Sorry about the vehicular issues, but I totally understand about the stress and money stuff. My hubby and I are the same way...Heaven forbid that I ever show any concern over finances or the household, he is likely to just fold up!! It's just further proof that woman are so much stronger than men!! ;)

As for my diet, I haven't weighed myself in several weeks! With TOM and holidays, I figure that ignorance is bliss!!!

Elaniom said...

Just a thought...what about a challenge we could call "14 by the 14th"?!? That's February 14th by the way!! ;) I'm sure that this would be no problem for you, but I may need a bit more time than you!!!

Annieann77 said...

Ohhh..... what a super idea Kellie... 14 by the 14th I like it !! : ) And I think it is acheivable not like most of my mini-challenges ! he he OK - So starting Jan 1st "bang the gong it's on" !! LOL

JOSHUA S BLACK said...

Thought you might like at least the first sentence of this webpage: http://www.best-oneliners.com/best.htm