A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday THIS n THAT


My nachos last night were fabulous! Hubby made them for me and probably put too many on the plate and added way too much cheese but boy were they ever yummy!! I almost ate all of them, weighed myself this morning to see just how much damage super cheesy nachos did and it was pretty bad! I gained 1.6lbs! The good news is that I have an entire week to work that off !

Yesterday morning I tried to be all sneaky and put his V-day gift in the cereal cupboard - it was a alarm clock that looks like a drag racing tree and has lights on it that count down. When the green light goes there is a sound of a engine revving and taking off! He seemed to like it but it's pretty loud so I don't think we will be using it in the bedroom, we will save it for a basement decoration! So when I got home last night he also tried to be sneaky and put my V-day gift in the snack cupboard and asked me to get the nacho chips for him, inside the cupboard I found a Tickle me Elmo the new one ! It is so cute, makes me laugh every time! LOL











I found an awesome website yesterday that has almost every restaurant's nutrition value of items on their menu's. So if you are going out to dinner or if you are curious like I was to see just how bad you used to eat, you should check out THIS website. I looked up a typical meal for me before my diet, I was amazed ! Here is my example:


~A&W~


This would be my typical meal, I would probably eat this at least once a week.....
Mozza burger = 560 cals, 36g Fat
Onion rings = 500 cals, 30g Fat
Reg. size Strawberry milk shake = 1070 cals, 29g Fat

This equals = 2130 cals and 95g of Fat !! This is almost two days worth of calories and an unbelievable amount of fat! This would only be one meal too, I would also have breakfast and lunch/ supper and probably some snacks throughout the day too! Unbelievable! So if you are planning on going out for dinner and you are counting calories or just trying to eat a little healthier you need to look at that website!




I watched the season finale of Beauty and the Geek last night, I was pleased with who won the $250,000. There was one girl that clearly had not learned a thing from the experience and I did not want her to win but her partner was a pretty cool guy, too bad for him that he had such a horrible self centered partner! Another one of my favorite shows is going to be starting there next season soon. I watched every show last season and plan to do the same for this season (season 11). Although I'm not too happy THAT it is a "return of previous players" episode!? I don't really care for some of the players they had before and I think they obviously didn't win for a reason, why put them on the show again!? But I will still watch every episode starting this Sun!



Today I have a NSV, not a very happy one though, I can no longer wear my wedding band!! :( It is just way too big and I am worried that I might loose it. I was wearing it on my middle finger but it's just not the same, so off it comes until I get close enough to my goal to get it sized smaller. Today is also my dad's birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD !! :) I'm not sure how old he is!? Probably around 55? We are going out for dinner on Saturday to Red Lobster to celebrate.

4 comments:

Jordanna said...

Congrats on the NSV...even though it's kind of crappy that you can't wear your wedding band. At least you can get it re-sized once you are at goal!

I never wear my wedding rings cause I'm allergic to metal....

Annieann77 said...

I can't believe you don't wear that huge ring!! I totally would put up with a little rash to wear that rock!! ;)

Denise Potter said...

lol, congrats leanne. I too am looking forward to the amazing race this sun night.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Leanne - you could wear your ring on your chain around your neck. Your Dad is 54 today BTW.