A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday weigh in!

I must say that I am quite surprised by my -1.4lb loss for week 26 !! Considering that I gained almost 2lbs from my Valentine nacho cheat day! We also went out for a birthday dinner on the weekend and yesterday I had to pick something up for supper, so I must have either made fairly good choices or the Pilate's is paying off! ;) I also lost enough weight this week to earn my 60lb bear!! And as I look at my weight loss ticker I can't believe how close I am to the finish line! I thought I would never see the end of this journey!

60 - Focus
**You set your mind to it and you stuck to your meal plan.Focus Bear wants to be the fuzzy little reminder that helps you lose more weight


I bought a Low G.I cookbook hoping to get some good ideas out of it but I'm not really happy with the book I bought. There are a lot of recipes in it that I have no idea what the ingredients even are?! Like "tahini" , "wasabi" , "arame" and "kombu"?? What the heck are these things?? I'm going to have to google them to find out what they are and then try and figure out where to buy them! I like recipes that are simple and full of ingredients that the simple person would have in there house! I would also like the cook book better if it had the nutritional value for each recipe!? I did however find about 15 recipes that look good enough to try, and after I make them I think I will rate them- if they are good enough I will post the recipe. I think I would like the Nutrisystem GI cook book better and I have heard good things about it, I'll have to order it from Chapters.


Babysitting Kenzie went fairly well, I was able to get off work early so I got out to St.Albert around 4:30. My brother and SIL went over the basics with me, showed me where extra diapers were, her bath in case I needed it, and more food in case the two bottles she had prepared for me were not enough. As they were almost out the door they let me know that Kenzie is usually cranky between 7-9 and that there is Gripe water on the counter in case I need it. In the back of my head I'm thinking, pfft - I won't need that, I can handle it ... I'll just walk the floor, I'm ok with that! Then my brother looks at me and he must have seen the look on my face cause he says to me .... "we use it every night!" Oh, well maybe I might use it then, but I'm still going to try and be "super nanny" and not use it! ;) So just like clock work, 7:00 rolls around and I get first hand experience of what the SIL calls "the witchy hour(s)"! She wasn't kidding, 7:00 Kenzie started to fuss so I picked her up and started walking she liked this and soon quieted herself (almost fell asleep) but no 10min later she was not happy anymore so I put her in the swing, once again it was quiet for about 10min. Then she must have gotten bored with that so I pick her up again and walk around for a while until she settles and I sit on the couch with her and we have a little talk. Well she must not have liked what I had to say cause 10min later she was once again unhappy!? Grrrr - WTH ?? She just ate (about 5:30) she can't be hungry but I try anyway - nope not hungry? Maybe it's a diaper issue ..... nope that's dry!? So I try the vibrating chair, she seemed to like that before they left!? And once again she did like it for about 10min!! OK FINE - where's that gripe water!! I gave in, it settled her tummy and all was good!! By now it was 8:00 and she got a quick power nap in and was woken up by the phone (momma checking in). Once again she was hungry so I fed her and started all over again! I must say it was quite tiring and I can't believe how fast the time flew by. It was however a good experience and I did enjoy the quality time we spent together! Even with her "witchy hour(s)" and two poopy diapers it hasn't made me not want kids so I suppose that's a plus! ;) My brother and SIL arrived back home around 9:30 and we had a nice talk and I finally left just after 10. Boy was I ever tired! Even today I feel drained, I think I now appreciate motherhood (and gripe water) a whole lot more! ;)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO !!! And you probably thought it was just going to be a nice Auntie and Niece get together. Not sure whats in that gripe water but its been around for years, just like Buckleys.

Congrats on your -1.4 lbs -- can't wait to see your collection of bears (hint hint).

Fatinah said...

Hey - 60 lbs! Holy Moly! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I see you have an alien friend on your guest map and its not me !!!

Annieann77 said...

LOL - anon your funny!! ;)

I totally thought I could just chill out with Kenzie and have some good quality time, make some faces for her and see some smiles! ;)

Trish says that Gripe water has baking soda, pickle juice and alcohol (0.05%) ? I'm not sure about the pickle juice thing but I do know it has very little alcohol! ?

Denise Potter said...

lol..we went throught the same thing with evan, same times to about 7 pm. weird. Anyway wtg on the loss.
Gripe water is the bomb! We went though alot of it. The way I look at it. with out the alcohol it's just water lol

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another fantastic post. Where else mау just anyone get that tyрe of info in such an
ideal manner of ωriting? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the look for such info.

My webpage granite countertops

Anonymous said...

Unquestionаbly belіеνe thаt whiсh you stаted.
Your favoritе justification apρeared to bе on
thе net the eaѕiеѕt thing tο
be awarе of. І say tο you, I definitеly gеt iгkеd while pеople think about
woггies thаt they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

My website; coffee pure cleanse and colo cleanse pro combo diet