A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weekend review...


The weekend was good, I just love long weekends! I really needed that extra day this weekend! Friday night we went over to the in-laws so that my hubby could clear some snow for them and I had coffee with my MIL. She is like most MIL's you can only handle so much of them for a short period of time, although it could be much worse! She just tries to be nice and helpful all the time. Anyway, my in-laws are going on a trip at the end of the month to Mexico so MIL wanted to make sure that we knew all the info - flight #'s, time the plane arrives, hotel they are staying at, etc. Which is good but she also had to inform us that "all the paperwork is in the filing cabinet" ?? What paperwork ? Oh, she says you know life insurance paperwork and who you should call in case anything happens! I just sat there and rolled my eyes thinking you know lady the chances of something happening to you on your trip are slim to none! You would have more chance of getting hurt walking out your front door! My hubby calls her eccentric, I think that is just a nice way of saying she's nuts!

On Saturday I went to Costco to pick up a few things, my buggy was so full I was a little worried that I had spent too much but I was pleasantly surprised when the total only came to $100! I guess I just bought cheap stuff! LOL Saturday night we went to Red Lobster for dinner with my Dad, Brother and SIL. It was really good but we were there for a long time, it took forever for us to get our meal!? We got to the restaurant at 4:30 and didn't leave till 7:30!! I was also surprised that my SIL tried to feed Kenzie some mashed potatoes! Now I'm all for making your own baby food and blending up some meat and potatoes but I always thought that you normally don't introduce this type of food until the baby is at least 4-5 months old - not 4 weeks old!?? Needless to say Kenzie didn't like it and all it did was make her cry?!

Sunday we went visiting to all the grandparents houses for coffee and cake. The hubbies grandparents 60th anniversary is coming up in April and they are making a book? So they were looking for pics and background info on everyone!? I'm curious to see this book when it is done but I think it will cause alot of commotion in the family, if he forgets to add one thing into this book I'm sure we won't hear the end of it! After visiting I went out to St.Albert to visit a friend I haven't seen for a while that was in town. It was a good visit and was much longer then I had anticipated! I watched Amazing Race Sunday night and was extremely annoyed with Rob and Amber, boy I hope they don't win it!

And since Monday was a holiday for us I really didn't do too much, I took advantage of the extra day off and had some well deserved R&R! I finished my dad's scrapbook took the dog for her walk and made cauliflower schnitzel! YUM! And took a bath!

Today after work I need to go back out to St.Albert to babysit Kenzie while my brother and SIL go out for dinner. It is their one year anniversary, a record for my brother! he he His last marriage only lasted 3 months! And tomorrow I have a meeting after work so it looks like the hubby has to fend for himself two nights in a row! LOL

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

okay she's alittle crazy!! Unless the baby isn't growing or is always wanting to nurse. You don't intoduce solids until 6 months!!!! her little tummy can't handle a carb like a potato!!!! crazy!!!
Have fun baby sitting!