A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Trivia


Did you hear there is a new food guide ! I think it is funny how the government realizes that America has a over weight problem and that it has taken them this long to re-map the food guide? Although I absolutely do not blame the old food guide for America's obese issues. I don't think that by introducing a new food guide you (the government) will cure this weight issue and all the obese people will become thin? When I was growing up I don't think I ever listened to Hal and Joanne with their tips on nutrition! Although they did have a catchy song on their commercials and as I type this I find myself humming along to it! ;) Now maybe if the government would put a limit on how many fast food joints can go up in one block radius,that might reduce childhood obesity?!

Lately I feel so good, I think that February is going to be our month! I just feel like everything is falling into place, marriage is good, money is getting better, job is ok, weight loss is making me feel great and it feels like we aren't even really trying that hard for all these things to work! I'm hoping that this month will bring good news! A new beginning perhaps or a fresh start at everything! I know I probably sound like I fell off my rocker but I just feel elated, I do see a light at the end of the tunnel and I find myself looking forward to silly things - like weigh in days and discovering a new healthy replacement for my meals!?

On a side note, my brother asked me if I wanted to go with his family to WEM Waterpark next weekend, it is with his company so it will only cost $5 for 3 hours of fun and excitement !! There are tons of water slides that you have to climb millions of stairs to get too but I think it will be well worth it, I get huge exercise and get to have fun - for five bucks! How can you go wrong? Today is grocery shopping day and I will be going by myself, usually both me and the hubby go but he has to work tonight so it will just be me! I'm kinda excited about this cause I will have tons of time to stop and read labels, compare products and maybe even discover some new healthy finds! When the hubby is there it is more of a - where's the list, get what you need, pay and get out kind of attitude! So rushed and he hates when I need salad dressing because I always stand there forever trying to find a good one. It's like picking out a birthday card.... takes me forever! I pick one up, read it, find another, read it, etc ... till I find one that is just right! He doesn't understand why I don't just buy the same one all the time - find one you like and buy it all the time, is his thoughts! He just doesn't get it! LOL ;)

3 comments:

Jordanna said...

you need to come grocery shopping with Dustin and I, it's one of our favorite things to do. We look at everything, always finding new fun things to try...I love grocery shopping when Dustin is home it's the most fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy everything is working out for you now and that you are "in a better place" mentally. Canada has a new food guide too now. My other half hates it when I go shopping with him. We spend way more because I go up and down each aisle instead of getting what we actually need. They say you should try to stay to the outside edges in the stores cause thats where the food with the most nutrients are.

Denise Potter said...

G shopping is fun for me too! Not only do i get out of the house but S-store always had really cute baby cloths on sale for evan. I get to get baby stuff figure out new foods to introduce and stuff like that. Earl has more fun then me running around with my WW slider. We always have a list, but we add more stuff too. The low points finds always end up in the cart.