A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday weigh in!

~~ Week 24 ~~


I just finished my 6th month on Nutrisystem which is way past the time that I had budgeted for but since it is working so good I thought it was ok to keep going. This past week I have had a lot more meals on my own and have been trying to count calories a little (or at least have a estimate of how many calories I have eaten). I am weening myself off NS and each month I am delaying my order by a few weeks. Originally - when I started NS, I was only going to do it for 5 months. My budget was $1500, which BTW is like one month on JC! I was very sceptical at first of NS like I'm sure most people are when starting a new diet. I was afraid that by going on a diet where all the food is laid out for you I wouldn't learn anything about nutrition, which is exactly the opposite! I find that I have learned more on this diet then I have on any other diet - in regards to reading labels and knowing the difference between "good" fat/carbs and "bad" fat/carbs !? I remember the day when Jordanna e-mailed me a coupon for NS and told me that she wasn't trying to pressure me into joining but if maybe I was thinking about shedding some pounds that I could give them a try! To be quite honest I hadn't even thought about going on a diet! Even though I wasn't happy being fat, I thought I was just "fluffy" or "big boned", not once did I ever think I was obese! She told me about how she had joined and had already lost quite a few pounds, I was very sceptical and thought it would be the same as the time me and Denise had joined WW together and I struggled to get my stupid star sticker and Denise was dropping pounds like crazy! I assumed NS would be the same, it would work good for some but of course it wouldn't work for me! But I was wrong .... I love NS - the simplicity is by far the best thing! So for week 24 (almost on my own) I was able to shed another -2lbs! I'm so close to getting my 60lb bear I can hardly wait! I'm not going to place my next order till I know my bear will be in there too!

I thought that maybe I would like to reflect a bit on things that are different now then they were 6 months ago, besides the fact that I am almost 60lbs lighter!


6 months ago- I could not cross my legs like a girl

Now- I do it all the time! ;)

6 months ago- It took all my energy to walk around the block and it took me 30min.

Now- That same walk takes me less then 20min and that is just the warm up.

6 months ago- I couldn't tell where my boobs ended and tummy began

Now- I can clearly see the difference even when sitting down.

6 months ago- I didn't have much self-confidence and hated being the center of attention

Now- I still don't care for being in the spotlight but I do hold my head higher and find that I am not afraid to voice my opinion, I am proud of my accomplishments.

6 months ago- I would have though that a cheese burger was a balanced meal- meat, dairy, veggies, bread, little fat ..... what else could you ask for?

Now- More then 400cals for one meal is insane! And that is including all the extras!

Hopefully I will be able to continue with this diet forever, I do plan on getting some low GI cook books and hopefully finding some good recipes. I believe this is a diet that I could follow for life, the only issue I have with it is that I eat a lot of soy products now and I have heard that if you are pregnant they do not recommend expecting women to eat a lot of soy?! So I may have to cut down on my soy intake when I get pregnant! But I think I can handle that! ;)


7 comments:

Jordanna said...

Congrats on another big loss!! You are doing so well...plus it looks like the phasing out NS thing is working...just as long as you keep getting your bears!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Leanne! I'm so proud of you. Look what you have accomplished in 6 months and with your new attitude I'm positive you will keep it up even after NS. Slow and steady is the way to keep off the weight. Love ya!!! :)

Denise Potter said...

You rock girl!
Does NS have any information or suport on how many cals you should be taking while your preggers?

Jordanna said...

HEY...you make me sound mean...I sent you the coupon cause you were already thinking about joining Jenny Craig and that was WAY more expensive..I was trying to help you and save you money. I wouldn't just send you a coupon out of the blue if we hadn't been talking about dieting already....

Annieann77 said...

Denise- I don't think they recommend staying on NS if you are prego because of the high soy content? Apparently it's not good to eat too much soy while prego!?
But I think doctors recommend that you add 500 cals to your diet if prego!?

Jordanna- Sorry if I made you sound like you pressured me, my memory sucks and I forgot I had mentioned to you the thought of joining JC! LOL Although your post does make you sound kinda mean!? hehe

BTW - Thanks for the coupon I would never be where I am today if it wasn't for that coupon! :)

Jules said...

That is sooo great! I'm super proud of you, girl!

Jules said...

p.s. do we ever get to see a before and after picture? you should be proud!