A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Fun

I'm so tired today, TGIF!! Last night we went bowling - like every Thursday night. We found out that we did in fact win the 3rd quarter, which means our team wins $50, so that's $10 each!? Not much but it will get us a few drinks at the banquet. We are also about 75 pins away from getting the most pins down, not bad considering we still have 6 weeks before the end of the season. One of the guys on our team is on WW and was telling me about how WW decided to change the way you figure out how many points you get. I was amazed by what he was telling me. He said that originally WW determined by his height and weight that he was allowed 31 points a day and I think he said 35 extra points? Which he said worked out too 1800 cals a day. I vaguely remember this sounding the same as when I was in WW a few years ago. But he said a few weeks ago WW decided to change the way they figure out how many points you get and told him to increase the number of daily points to 41!! He told me that this works out to an extra 800 cals per day, that would make a total of 2600 calories a day!! Then he told me that he did follow this for a few weeks and noticed he had gained 3lbs every week ?! -duh ! So he went back to 1800 cals a day, the whole time he was telling me this all I could think was ..... I only intake 1250 cals a day - 1800 is alot! He said that lots of people were gaining weight because of this new system, now I have to wonder why they would change it!? Maybe he just isn't doing the program right or misunderstood something?! So if anyone out there is on WW and knows about this change, is it true? Did WW increase your daily point value? And if so why would they do this?

This weekend is pretty eventful, Saturday I have to work, hopefully after work I will go shopping and look at getting a new pedometer. I would also like to try on some new jeans but I don't think I will purchase anything quite yet, I'm just curious to see how I look in clothes that actually fit! Then the usual weekend house cleaning and dog walking, and on Sunday the waterpark! I let my hubby know yesterday that my plan for the waterpark is to do all the big slides first because I'm sure after the first hour of climbing all those stairs I will be pooped! Then I can do the shorter slides that you don't have to climb as many stairs to get too and by then I will be ready to just relax in the pool! ;) After the waterpark we plan on going out for lunch with my brother and family, hopefully I won't work up too much of an appetite and end up pigging out! ;)


You Are Scooter
Brainy and knowledgable, you are the perfect sidekick.You're always willing to lend a helping hand.In any big event or party, you're the one who keeps things going."15 seconds to showtime!"
The Muppet Personality Test




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe WW increased the calories (points) so you do gain and then you have to stay on the program longer therefore more $ for WW. Something is wrong with your Muppet link BTW.

Anonymous said...

I know that they did change their point system, but I don't know too much about it.
~merdacci