A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Feeling the burn!

It has been a really long time since I have felt the day after burn! You know the one you get from exercising your body in ways that you have neglected before! I'm surprised my legs aren't more sore from climbing the gazillion stairs but instead it is my arms that are sore today! Clearly I don't exercise them enough, the only thing I used my arms for yesterday was plugging my nose - he he. Oh - and throwing my nephew around in the wave pool! I had a good time and although I doubt I will ever go back again unless it's for $5, it was well worth it! I was shocked to find out that you no longer have to worry about clipping on a locker key to your swimsuit and hope it is still there when you go to leave. Instead all the lockers were electronic, so we had to remember our color of locker (blue), the picture on our locker section (umbrella), our locker number (which you were assigned), and the secret 6 digit pin number to get into the locker! WOW - And I would just like to announce that I was not impressed that it cost us more to "rent" a locker then it did to get into the park! $6 for a 30"x30" box, we had to be pretty creative to fit in all my stuff and all Denise's stuff in it, it's a good thing she took the baby bag with her to the pool - it wouldn't have fit anyway! My SIL did come to the park and brought Kenzie with her - even though she didn't have "little swimmers" for her. Kenzie seemed a little unsure about the water and I think that maybe it was too cold for her?! I was also surprised that my SIL took Kenzie into the hot tub, not just to get her feet wet but to fully immerse her into the hot water?! She's not even a month old yet, you could see all these other mothers looking at her like she was crazy! I couldn't help but think that the hot tub was way too hot for little Kenzie and hot tub's have a lot of bacteria in them! I hope Kenzie doesn't get sick now from going from the cold pool water into a really warm hot tub full of bacteria?! After three hours at the waterpark we went for lunch - I was starved and exhausted! We got home around 3 and crashed on the couch! I wasn't planning on taking the dog for her walk after supper but I did feel a bit better and felt bad for her so I took her on a quick walk around the block! I better see some big numbers on Wed from all this extra exercise I've been putting out! LOL

1 comment:

Denise Potter said...

The WWP was fun. My arms are sore today too. I guess we'll have to try it again next year.
Or you can come with Earl and I when his company goes.