A personal blog on the battle of the buldge!

Monday, June 25, 2007

weekend review


Well it was a pretty exciting weekend, Friday's street legal races were cancelled due to rain so instead we went over to the hubbies Grandma's house for cake. I was talking to my MIL and mentioned how I already made "my salad" but apparently there was a little confusion cause she had also made the same salad!! :( So after our visit we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some veggies so I could make a different salad. That night I stayed at home making the second salad and hubby went downtown. I had to work Saturday, which was extremely boring but at least I got my desk all cleaned! ;) It looks really good now, my keyboard almost looks brand new! ;) After work we headed over to the in-laws for the birthday party! The weather co-operated so everyone sat outside, my MIL put on a good meal (turkey, ham, potatoes, tons of salads, and fruit/ veggie trays!) She also made these slushy drinks that were melon flavored and tasted really good, so I had a few! ;) and then she made some pina coladas which were also really good, so I had a few of them too! Good thing there was lots of food to eat cause those drinks were starting to hit me pretty hard!! So needless to say I think I over did it on Sat, with all the drinks I had and the extra servings of cheese and crackers, it was well worth it and I had a lot of fun but now I have 3 days to be 100% and get back on track!! ;) We ended up staying way later then we had planned but had a good visit with all of the hubbies uncles and even threw one of them in the hot tub!




We had to get up early Sunday to get to the track, apparently the day before (Sat) was a nightmare and they never stopped racing till 8:30pm!!! AND they never even finished any of the rounds! Sunday wasn't much better, the
ambulance got called into the pits twice (due too injuries), one guy was on his quad and they figure his tow strap got tangled in the axle making the quad come to a fast stop and the guy fell off breaking BOTH his legs!! Then there was another guy in the pits that thought he would try to tune his kids car by sticking his leg threw the window to step on the gas and the car fell off the stands making the car jolt forward almost snapping his knee cap off but instead only dislocated it!! So we were forced to wait for the ambulance to attend to these guys and wait for another ambulance to come get the injured guys! It was a long night, not quite as bad as Sat I guess, we never finished racing till 7:15pm! I'm going to have to start bringing suppers on Sunday if this keeps up, I was awfully hungry by the time we got home! After I finished supper I scanned a few pics to post on Facebook!! I can't wait to play around with them today! :)

3 comments:

Denise Potter said...

I saw the pics, crazy funny!

I would totally take your dinner or at least some more veggis or your night time dessert snack and a fruit. That's what I do since I only have a 15 min brack on my evening shifts.

Wow it sounds like there is always some thing crazy going on at the track.

Slurpachinos...don't do it, it's gross. lol

VegasGirl said...

Oh my goodness!! The more your blog about racing the more dangerous it seems to me! hehe. I'm sure it is one of those things where if you know what you are doing everything is okay, but seeing as I don't know what I'm doing...I plan to stay far, far away from the race track =)

Chris H said...

Poor guy who broke BOTH his legs! That must of hurt like hell ! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, the dinner on saturday night sounded really yum, hope the scales are nice to you after all that!